Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Starts after driving a mile. Goes away when I accelerate, and sometimes when breaking, but worse when I coasting. Putting it in neutral doesn't affect sound. Put new wheel bearing on from auto zone, but does the same thing. Frustrated, took to Belle Tire and paid $40 for them to look at it, and they said it was that bearing I replaced?

Another bad thing, I think it's alittle more inboard at times.... Hope its not trans. 2005 Five hundred with 100k, AWD with CVT trans.

New brakes a month ago, caliper, rotor, pads.

Very frustrated. I've owned fords 30 years, second taurus, and can't figure this out.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Well I just had a similar noise.... Mine ended up being rust build up on the caliper bracket that caused the pads to stick. Might be worth at least looking at

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Changed wheel bearing again, so it's not that. almost like a repeating rubber squeegee with it. Goes away when I accelerate or turn right.Could it be that cv shaft?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Changed wheel bearing again, so it's not that. almost like a repeating rubber squeegee with it. Goes away when I accelerate or turn right.Could it be that cv shaft?
It does sound like a CV issue. I had a moaning noise (more pronounced while cruising - 07 vulcan)- Changed the wheel bearing assemblies and ball joints - no difference - changed one CV - half of the noise was gone, changed the other one - all gone. It was a a PITA to diagnose that. While you're at it, you may want to change the sway bar links too as mine broke the next day after those hefty repairs - lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
ss98
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing