Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I own a 1999 Taurus SE with a 3.0 V6 Vulcan OHV which is OK,(Saving up for a Duratec). I had just taken off my intake silencer, and I'm impressed with the sound my bull has now :D . Next I want to change my air filter out to a High performance air filter. I'm stuck between two choices of K&N OR GREEN High performance air filters. I know most of you have experience with K&N, But do any of you have experience with Green? I would really appreciate feed back. Thanks all.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I have no experience with Green...never even heard of the company... I would go with the proven filter. Everyone here that has a K&N knows that they work well and are very good quality. Don't screw around with a no-name brand...

JR

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
If it's the Green I'm thinking about, I saw a display at the DC Grand Prix in '02 that used K&N's test to show how good it is and it BLEW the K&N away. I would look to see if you can find some comparable data on the two and put it side by side.

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
OOH!!! :hyper: Where did you find the Green filters?! I've been looking for them ever since Ford Carlisle 2003, when I saw they outflowed K&N by a LOT. (3-fords, are you talking about the ping-pong ball test?) I should have bought one then and there, dammit. Now I can't find them for sale anywhere. :(

Not sure how well they trap dirt, but they look to be made really well, unlike many of the other K&N knockoffs you see at the parts store.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Originally posted by SixFoFalcon@Jun 25 2004, 01:22 PM
(3-fords, are you talking about the ping-pong ball test?)
Yep!

At the time I saw it they were just getting started ( or so it seemed ) and I didn't pursue getting one. But the flow was amazing!

·
Registered
186 Posts
I believe if your gonna do something than do it right.

Please define "right".

How much more are will a Green provide over a K&N? The site is not particularly clear on that, although they do offer some comparison to an OEM filter.

How much of that air will the engine "use"? This is-- how many CFM does the engine draw through the stock intake without a filter at various RPM? With a K&N? With a Green?

How much filtration do each brands provide? To me, this is worth more than getting more CFM, especially if the engine won't use the increase.

These are the kinds of things one needs to know to "do it right".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts