Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was heading back to W. Lafayette going north on the west side of town on I-465 on the weekend of the 4th of july when a green gen3 taurus with tinted windows, dual exhaust, and what looked like two nike stickers in the corners of the back window passed me. Is that anyone here in the club? I thought the car looked familiar for some reason...

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
No one I know of... and I haven't seen it before....

You were in Indy and didn't stop to say hi? :p

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol, actually I rolled through there again on Tuesday night to meet my girlfriend in Greenwood for dinner.

There needs to be another indy meet (indy isn't far for me at all) - I had meant to come to the one last summer and got side tracked at the last minute.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Ya I live in lafayette too. I have seen a Gen3 with quad exhaust, rims, and a svt logo on back. The exhaust tips were turn ups. I have no idea whos it is.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
We have a thread going in the meets forum, just gotta decide a date/time :)

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by TaurusSE2000@Jul 22 2004, 07:32 AM
Ya I live in lafayette too. I have seen a Gen3 with quad exhaust, rims, and a svt logo on back. The exhaust tips were turn ups. I have no idea whos it is.
Cool, thats three members in the Lafayette, W. Lafayette area that I know of.

I should probably pay more attention to the meet threads, I usually just pass over them subconsciously.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Sign me up :D

Depending on what happens with me being activated or not (now there appears to be questions of whether we are even going to be or not) i'd be at an Indy meet in a sec. It's only about 50-60 miles from lafayette and i've gotten to the north side in like 40 mins before (driving way above the speed limit that is ;) )

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 22 2004, 12:44 PM
I took me almost exactly one hour to get from Cary Quad in W.Lafayette to my apartment on W. 10th street. You must be moving to make it in 40 mins nathan.
You live on 10th? You aren't far from me at all :) I live on the SW side (off 67 north of mooresville) and work on the NW side (park 100). If you ever catch a red sport doing about 85 - 90 on 465 with an IMS plate.... :lol2:

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by silvapain@Jul 22 2004, 12:44 PM
I took me almost exactly one hour to get from Cary Quad in W.Lafayette to my apartment on W. 10th street. You must be moving to make it in 40 mins nathan.
He live's on the south side of lafayette, closer to the interstate. That alone cuts off 15 minutes from the trip. I live north of campus off 52 and it takes me about 50 min to get to the north side, IIRC.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Originally posted by golovko+Jul 23 2004, 08:29 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (golovko @ Jul 23 2004, 08:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvapain@Jul 22 2004, 12:44 PM
I took me almost exactly one hour to get from Cary Quad in W.Lafayette to my apartment on W. 10th street.  You must be moving to make it in 40 mins nathan.
He live's on the south side of lafayette, closer to the interstate. That alone cuts off 15 minutes from the trip. I live north of campus off 52 and it takes me about 50 min to get to the north side, IIRC. [/b][/quote]
Exactly what he said. Since i live on Brady lane (south side) it takes me less then 5 mins to get on the south most lafayette I65 ramp (SR38 & I65) which easily cuts off 15 mins if you would get onto 65 from the SR43 ramp in WL. That and the times i have made it there that fast i was usualy doing around 90-95 most of the trip there during non-rush hours. :D

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
Originally posted by n2_space+Jul 22 2004, 12:57 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (n2_space @ Jul 22 2004, 12:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-silvapain@Jul 22 2004, 12:44 PM
I took me almost exactly one hour to get from Cary Quad in W.Lafayette to my apartment on W. 10th street.  You must be moving to make it in 40 mins nathan.
You live on 10th? You aren't far from me at all :) I live on the SW side (off 67 north of mooresville) and work on the NW side (park 100). If you ever catch a red sport doing about 85 - 90 on 465 with an IMS plate.... :lol2: [/b][/quote]
I used to live there. I moved to IL about four years ago. I really wish I was back in Indy, though. Iv'e convinced my wife to move back there after I graduate. I will probably want to live in Avon, though. I used to go to the Westside Church of the Nazarene on W 10th, and I would want to go back there.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Originally posted by silvapain+Jul 23 2004, 11:01 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (silvapain @ Jul 23 2004, 11:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 22 2004, 12:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-silvapain
@Jul 22 2004, 12:44 PM

You live on 10th? You aren't far from me at all :) I live on the SW side (off 67 north of mooresville) and work on the NW side (park 100). If you ever catch a red sport doing about 85 - 90 on 465 with an IMS plate.... :lol2:
I used to live there. I moved to IL about four years ago. I really wish I was back in Indy, though. Iv'e convinced my wife to move back there after I graduate. I will probably want to live in Avon, though. I used to go to the Westside Church of the Nazarene on W 10th, and I would want to go back there. [/b][/quote]
:cool_shades: Avon is not tooo far away either... technically I live in Camby, literally spitting distance (a few hundred feet) inside Marion county (thanks for double the taxes and higher insurance :( ), so I confuse everyone and have to prove I live in Marion even with a Camby address :ph34r: .

1 - 13 of 13 Posts