Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question...What is your alls greatest regret. I know mine, one of my old friends and myself had a problem at least a year and a half ago. We haven't spoken much since then. I've tried to make things right but to no avail. I'd almost accepted it and let it go until last Friday. I had a really close call on the Interstate and I decided to try once again. One of those things were you wanna make all better just in case things go bad. But alas no such luck some people just wont forgive and i'll have to live with that. Kinda has me bummed out.

So i ask you all, what is your biggest regrets?

M

·
0 Posts
not attending u of m, and going to a community college...

not getting a taurus lol jk.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I know that one too...I did the same thing and after many semesters I am almost ready to transfer from Lexington CC to UK. I think it made me a better person though and has brought me closer to my goals in life. I guess everyone has there own path to make in life. Not everyone stays with you on that path. Im sure you'll make yours.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Well, I know where I am in life is a sum of many choices. Really, that is what it amounts to for all of us. it is not one grand choice, but several small ones.

BUT, I am kinda sorry my choices in life have led me away from Indianapolis. That was home. For you Indy folks, it may seem Indy is sometimes drab, but don't leave it. There is much there you don't realize.

But big regrets? Ehh, some of the crap i dated in high school.

·
Registered
76 Posts
those who regret...will never get through life, able to forget. I dont have any! yea i'm young but still...i dont live to have any...and dont plan on it.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
My biggest regret was 6 years ago when i was 18. Walter Mattheu's son charlie flew me out to california and i signed with QLT management for modeling and acting. I moved out there in a mansion with other girls in the agency, but they were all so much older than me and they hated me for some reason. just like all girls usually do. well Charlie got me in with all the casting directors for all the major TV stations. for all the shows. i had walk on rolls lined up for quite awhile. i was doing modeling and hair shows, and it was a blast. after a couple weeks though i ran out of money that i brought and freaked out. i didn't have a car so cab fare was outrageous. expecially since all the studios were kinda far from me. not far, but when your taking a cab.. down the road is too far. i called my parents freaking out.. they said just stay there and we'll bring all your stuff down and we'll come out there and help you get settled in. well in the meantime my hubbie..who i was just dating at the time, was flipping out. Charlie Mattheu was freaking me out, cause he wouldn't quit hittin on me.. and he's creepy. so i decided to come home for a couple of months. i told the casting directors that i would be back in a few months. they said ok. well...the night i came home i got pregnant. so that was that. i regret coming home, cause my whole career that i was working for my entire life was handed to me on a gold platter and i walked away from it....not knowing that i'll never be able to go back. i don't regret getting pregnant, cause my son saved my life from drugs and alcohol, but yeah it just sucks that hollywood was calling me and i lost out on it.. oh well.. i'll get over it one of these days. now i'm starting to get teary eyed just writing about it. ahhh. thats my biggest regret. and you would think.. for me walking away from my dreams, money and maybe fame... to come home for the hubbie...(thinking that i could get him to move out there...no luck there..) that he would buy me that darn muffler already..
when i was out there being an extra, i was making $190 an hour..

·
Registered
411 Posts
Getting sick and having to surrender my Pilot's Licence.

I miss it up there.

At this point in time I would have been working for FED-EX, Airborne Express or UPS flying the B-727
, B-757, B-767, DC-9, DC-10, or Airbus A-300.

Stupid medical condition.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
My regret? Not having faith in myself. I come off as a very confident person, but in reality, inside myself, I'm so unsure and scared, that... well, yeah.. To make a long story short - My car is my crutch (dented, lol right now) and whoever makes fun of my car, I have to stick up for it, because It's really something I can depend on, unlike other people/things..

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
JJ57, you sure you weren't doing the taxi service in a beat up old Stearman to the islands?
J/k I wish I got my licence, I think that is the biggest regret I have is not signing up to aviation school. At the time I was 18 it would of cost me around $4,000 for all the training and the classes. That is cheap, but just didn't have the money then. I did get to ride in a Stearman though one time at the Sun-N-Fun Fly-In in Lakeland Florida. One of the best experiences ever. Gota love all the wind in your face and everything flying around....... :hyper:

·
Registered
411 Posts
I was only on a Stearman once and took at around, has to be the best times that I can remember, Over Eastern/Central Oklahoma. Nothing like barrel roll in that baby, steep turns, dives, waiting for the damn thing to quit due to fuel starvation. The wind in your face has to be the best feeling in the world.

I also had an internship/co-op with a major airline. What a hell of a a ride that was too!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts