Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got home from Graduation practice (3 hours of boredom). Tonight is my last night of high school. Somehow, it doesn't seem as such a big deal. The only regret I have (and I don't really believe in them, but why not) is that I didn't do any extracuriculer activities aside from marching and concert band. I'm curious, how was everyone else's graduation experiences? Or, if you haven't yet, when do you graduate?

·
Registered
486 Posts
My graduation was a blast. Especially the parties with your friends that follow. :ph34r: B) :D

I too did marching and concert band in high school. Where r u from, cause where I live, Near Syracuse NY, all schools dont get out until Around June 24th, and Graduation is the weekend that follows. I had some regrets about my high school experience. Like messin up my knew my sophmore year of wrestling, and then not coming back my senior year. But ya know, college is hella fun! B) You meet alot of new people and friends, and it is a chance to start over. College also doesnt have a lot of the BS that is in high school, which is always nice.

Have fun at graduation, and concratulations! Take advantage of this summer with your friends, cause it is a bummer when ur in college and you dont see them very much anymore.

Congrats Man !!!!!!!! :D

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
I was in the concert choir (yeah yeah I know <_< ) and we had to go to graduation every year...when my time came I wasn't in for a big surprise or anything. We had our in Avery Fischer at Lincoln Center - really big place for orchestral performances and operas and such. Graduation was cool, though for the most part I was more relieved that high school was finally over and I can get out of that dam place :lol2: . I didn't really do any big celebrating afterwards either; I was pretty much doing that all throughout senior year already :D

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
At our grad practice, we just sat, listened about what not to do, and then walked. It was retarted. Graduation only lasted an hour and 45 mins with a class of 440.

Off topic, Vinnie, you live in Hershey. I used to live there. I'll be up there in July for the 3DD, Nickelback, and Puddle of Mudd concert. Leave me a PM if you wanna meet up.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
My graduation was awesome. My high school was all NJROTC, so many of us received appointments to the service academies, and each appointment was awarded to the individual, with an accompanying speech. I really enjoyed graduation. It marks such an end to a truely special time in your life...in everyone's life, when your formative high school years end and you start to think about real life.

We were supposed to do the recessional after the ceremony to a instrumental version of "Bittersweet Symphony," but we didn't get the tape into the principal (who is an ahole) in time, so he wouldn't let us. It would have been really cool. I still associate that song with my graduation ceremony...

Happy graduation for anyone that will be taking that step in the next few weeks!

JR

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've watched graduation these last three years (the band played Pomp and Circumstance). I live in Central Florida (near Orlando). We start school in early August and end in May. Our graduation is tonight, yet all of the underclassmen have to go to school until the 25th.

Our school has an event that it holds after graduation every year called Project Graduation. They tell you that you're an adult, and that you're out of high school, and then they load you on a bus, ship you to a theme park (water park this year) and you stay they're all night long. I guess it's a way to keep students from partying and doing something illegal. I will not be attending this event however, as I have been invited to a few parties. :ph34r: :banana:

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was drunk for my graduation ... blind stinking drunk. I don't remember much of it, but was told I took a nap during the sermon(I went to a Christian school). The pictures I have are horrid, because I'm just smashed. It was fun though ... the graduation parties were alot more fun though :D

Oh yeah .. my graduating class was all of 12 or 13 people

·
Premium Member
1,308 Posts
Originally posted by smc540@May 21 2004, 10:45 AM
I just got home from Graduation practice (3 hours of boredom). Tonight is my last night of high school. Somehow, it doesn't seem as such a big deal. The only regret I have (and I don't really believe in them, but why not) is that I didn't do any extracuriculer activities aside from marching and concert band. I'm curious, how was everyone else's graduation experiences? Or, if you haven't yet, when do you graduate?
Hell yah for band! My graduation was the only one I didn't have to play for...hahaha :lol2: Graduation is cool... you'll probably have a sleepless night wondering what is going on, but don't worry about it...they'll be plenty more sleepless nights in college ;)

all jokes aside, congrads on graduating man... awesome :banana: :chili:

oh yeah, we were allowed to paint stuff on our caps... guess who had the TCCA logo on theirs? B)

·
Premium Member
10,022 Posts
I didn't go to my graduation. I was in LA, having a blast.

I had to go the three years previous, though, because of Orchestra. I played upright bass/bass guitar. So I knew what it was about, and didn't care.

My graduation was in the JACC at Notre Dame. One of the priveledges of living 20 min away. Our graduating class was about 400, which was small compared to the freshman class that year, which was ~700.

·
Premium Member
3,449 Posts
I remember my graduation. It was 4 years ago, and it was hot as all hell. Not to mention we had BLACK gowns, and we had to wear shirts and ties underneath. What a load of crap that was.

-DC

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I didn't go to Graduation. When I left High School, I never looked back.

Congrats to all the seniors! Now your real life begins. There are so many things to think about now.. Just please don't make the same mistake I made and not go to college after high school. I am going back now and its harder with a Wife and two kids.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
congradulations on graduating highschool. how much have u learned in those 4+ yrs?

my last day is june 4th and graduation is on the 5th. all tcca members are invited to come over. afterwords we have our senior party which is a lockin. we get out at like 5am or something. our class is greatly under budget, so i hope its fun. we raised like no money. o well. u have college and everything set up for the fall?

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
i graduated from Romeo High School in 1998. in school i was known as a stoner and all the girls hated me. i was on dance team, and than cheerleading. i got kicked off the Cheerleading squad every single year because of getting suspended for drinking or drugs. i was the little rebel. i was voted most likely to skip school, the next carmen electra, and the most likely to walk down a runway. i hated school. all my friends were all ready out of school and way older than me. so.... it was some nice memories. lol. but anyhow, CONGRATS!! and make sure you to go college right away. i took one semester right after high school and than ended up with a kid, so i had to quit. so now, 6 years later i'm going back to school. which is really hard when your married and tryin to raise a son and both are trying to go to school. go to your senior all night party. i didn't go. i went to a rave instead. i kinda regret it now. i also missed prom for that reason. oh well. my 5 year reunion was this past november, but i didn't even go to that either. :(

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Detroit Raver, no one liked me in high school either so don't feel bad. I was too much of a nerd, but voted best looking nerd. I don't regret not going to the prom, it costs too much money to go there. I would have rather put that money towards my beloved Festiva ** Sunroof or Prom..... hmmm **

What skool are you going to? I am at Oakland County Community College. Its a good education at a decent price.

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@May 21 2004, 10:31 PM
Detroit Raver, no one liked me in high school either so don't feel bad. I was too much of a nerd, but voted best looking nerd. I don't regret not going to the prom, it costs too much money to go there. I would have rather put that money towards my beloved Festiva ** Sunroof or Prom..... hmmm **

What skool are you going to? I am at Oakland County Community College. Its a good education at a decent price.
i was going to St. Clair County Community college. which was a great school! but i moved, or i should say, got kicked out of my aunt and uncles, so now that i have my own house, i'm out of district. i'm going to Macomb Community College. i was gonna switch to Baker, until i found out how much the credits cost. ($190 compared to $62 at macomb!! ) where did you graduate?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Graduated from the ever-so-lovely Dryden, NY Highschool. All I can say is that HS blew... the people there were horrible, and I only keep in touch with two, maybe three people from Dryden. The graduation parties here sucked too, so I grabbed a bunch of friends, drove to PA to get fireworks, then came back and shot 'em off for a good hour or two.

College, now that's where it's at. Going to Cornell and I'm much happier here. There's so much stuff to learn and to do! College parties are much more fun too... not that I'd know... I'm an engineer.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
I am out of district but its still reasonable (more reasonable then the taxes of Oakland County!). I got sticker shocked when I found out that University Of Phoenix was $1000+ a class, plus I am not so sure it is a good education

1 - 20 of 24 Posts