Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a GPS unit on black friday. It was a pretty good deal and I really like it so far. The maps are up to date and it's easy to use. It came with a windshield mount and one that I can stick to the dash. I don't want adhesive on the dash and the windshield creates problems for making changes and the the cords running up the dash would look bad. I've also thought of a custom mount where the cigarette lighter goes. This could be problematic when the car is in park if I need to change anything. So, does anyone have GPS in their car and if so, where/how did you mount it? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
7,048 Posts
What kind of GPS did you get?

You could do how I did with my LCD and XM:

Just use a smaller bracket. It is shaped to screw into the area under the trim there, so If I remove it, there isn't any visible holes.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i got one and in the former car i had it stuck to the dash but the tape did not hold and it came off, left no residue tho. now in my bull i have it on the left side of the windshield down low just over the side heat vent with the windshield mount. my particular unit i can plug the cord in the base itself from behind aswell as the unit itself. i have it plugged in to the base so i can remove the unit and i ran the cord down the dash between the door and dash, tucked the cord under the lip of the rubber trim from there i go under the dash (will get around to putting zip ties on in the future lol) and out under the ash tray and plug into accesory outlet. i have a g4 by the way. i like it cuz i look to the left and just slightly down to see it and everything is hiden out of the way. mm if u need a pic i can get one sometime soon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts