Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Tosiba e740 Pocket PC. What I would like to do is turn this PDA into a GPS reciever and use it like a navigation system. I'm wondering if at first this is possible, and what I would need. I figure that since I already have this PDA I can atleast make it much more useful and not need to spend $600+ for a GPS unit. I know some of you have experience with GPS, and the like. Thanks

-Nick

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
cheap GPS units are under 100 bucks

it might not be as cost effective to get an attachment as it would to buy a dedicated gps unit..even though attachments are nifty

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
Originally posted by afi292@Mar 22 2004, 02:22 PM
cheap GPS units are under 100 bucks

it might not be as cost effective to get an attachment as it would to buy a dedicated gps unit..even though attachments are nifty
I agree. You can by a dedicated GPS unit for pretty dern cheap. The only thing I found for your PPC is the Pharos PFT22 Pocket GPS. This will run you around $244.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like I will be going for a cheap GPS unit. Thanks guys

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
i have the gps attachement for my ipaq 3955, its done everything i need. I have also delt with the b&w and color units (i sell them) and i like my attachement the best.

Plus, the suction cup provided held the attachemnt and Ipaq to my front window through a 75mph crash....thats quality!

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
Originally posted by the_spy_guy@Mar 22 2004, 05:55 PM
i have the gps attachement for my ipaq 3955, its done everything i need. I have also delt with the b&w and color units (i sell them) and i like my attachement the best.

Plus, the suction cup provided held the attachemnt and Ipaq to my front window through a 75mph crash....thats quality!
does your pda gps do anything that regular standalone gps dont do?>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts