Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
OMFG!!!! Is this stuff nasty!!!! I guess if it works though it'll be woth it. You're supposed to take 1 table spoon celery seed, cook it in 2 cups water, strain, and drink a half cup 4 times a day. There are some other remedies I'll be trying, but I guess since I started this one, I gotta give it a chance. YUK!!!!
[/b]
I feel for ya man...I am on Alpurinol daily to avoid gout. Painful stuff! I've been gout free for over a year now!

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
I had gout last summer. My big toe was so swollen and it hurt so bad to walk. Apparently I didn't drink enough water. Now I'm just gulping down huge amounts of water so it won't come back. Hasn't so far. *knock on wood*

·
TCCA Staff (Retired)
3,816 Posts
Yes, when I had it, large amounts of water and fruity stuff (lemonade and cherry juice) seemed to help. They help to dilute and neutralize the yuric acid that causes gout.

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
It's when you have a build-up of uric acid (usually caused by too much alcohol, shellfish, and rich meats) built up in your body. For some reason the classical symptom is that your big toe will swell up like a lemon and hurts like it's been run over by a truck.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gout

1 - 7 of 7 Posts