Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't forget your oil filter. Lauren says oil flushes aren't worth the money, but a good quality filter and full synthetic oil are, "Pure synthetic oil is best because it's less friction, there's less resistance. You get better performance, better fuel economy, less emissions, and the life of the engine lasts."[/b]
by oil flush, do they mean oil change? ive never herd of an oil flush... I can see it now "OMGZ I NEED SYNTHETIC NOWZ!, AND IM ONLY GONNA CHANGE THE FILTER NEVER THE OIL!"

and theirs the same amount of friction in synthetic as there is dyno or am i wrong? as long as its the same weight...

:rolleyes2: please never talk about cars again Channel 4 news.

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/how_can_you_s...gasoline_090505

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't an oil flush just be an engine flush for older engines with possible gunk?

I mean most newer, low mileage cars wouldn't need it (unless it's a Chrysler 2.7 or early 2000s Camry 4 cyl lol), but I've heard it's good to do on a high mileage car. Maybe in the story she just meant oil flush = engine flush.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
there are oil flush products by gunk, valvoline, and a few others. basically you pour it into the engine before you do a change, idle for 10min, then drain you oil and change as normal. but basically most engine oils now days have enough detergents in it to do the trick.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Synthetic oils reduce friction a great deal better than conventional oils due, basically because conventional's break down a lot faster and lubricate less over time...

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
Could very well be these people do not even own a car let alone even know how to change oil......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts