Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many would know there isn't much to do to a Taurus vulcan so I decided to take out the huge silencer for my 94 Taurus. I did unleash some extra performance but it hindered my driveability. At idle laugh at this guys, I see a set 1500RPM. After a while it will go back to 1100 but rev it and there you see the 1500 again. I think that this is highly affecting my gas mileage:( . I also have tried power braking but see that the torque converter is set at 2000. So if anyone knows where I am getting at. From the start I am basically power braking stoplight to stoplight. Any way to lower the idle? I know that the Idle screw shouldn't be messed with because it is set at the most it can be closed. I also noticed that the revs are much faster.

·
Premium Member
5,359 Posts
What exactly did you remove?!??! I don't think you just took the silencer.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just took off the silencer and have a K&N Panel Filter. I have the mods on the Left panel nothing else

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Correction panel below

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Power braking is pressing the brake while reving the engine, then you let off. Have a powerful engine and you burn out

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you have a powerful or a moderate engine, you will burn out. But maybe he's talikng about the brakes you will be buring out

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Power braking usually reffers to holding down the brake while reving yuor engine while in gear, it causes your front end to shake. but its nott good for the mounts or engine if done alot

·
Premium Member
14,126 Posts
High idle is unmetered air getting in or a stuck open throttle plate. You probably have a vacuum leak somewhere.

·
Registered
32 Posts
have you tried resetting your computer? You might want to check your IAC valve, it may be bad.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts