Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy rear ended my wagon in his ford focus, he wasnt going fast but boy did he smack me good. Man when i got out of my car i really was expecting some major damage. Now for the good part. I dont even have a scratch!! Him too except for the fact that his airbags went off and the passenger side one broke his windshield... :blink:
Man are fords built solid :banana:
:05:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
How fast do you think he hit you? Back in April, I tapped a lady doing 10MPH and I didn't even scratch anything. She had a ghetto Topaz and it didn't hurt that either.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Same thing happened to me last Thursday. My bumper is scratched and scuffed but who cares if someone else is paying to fix it. I got the estimate done the other day. To paint and replace the bumper and foam is $763. I'm going to have the side skirts painted as well while he has a can of silver paint. I thought about getting the body kit but being a home owner makes it difficult to come up with some extra cash.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
15,922 Posts
Yes, our cars are built strong. It's built Ford tough. :D I was rear ended at about 20 MPH one week after I got my car. $1500 damage to my car (wrecked the rear bumper and bumper cover and dented the spare tire well). The other car (Lumina Eurosport 4-dr) was totalled. I got to drive away with my bumper hanging off.

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
My last merc took 2 whacks, one after I got it, some old lady was driving home and wacked me at a stop light in a lumina. Funked her car up pretty good, and just left a black scuff on my wagon, I let the lady go because I felt really bad for her, and I polished the scuff off in 15 seconds.

Next hit someone pulled out in front of me on the highway from the breakdown lane without turning her head and looking behind her. I slammed on the brakes and smashed into her doing about 10 - 15 faster than her. It was a hard hit, I smashed the rear of her car up good, but my sable didn't get a scratch. Needed new tires though, they where badly flat spotted, the insurance company would not cover the tires so I lied and said my bumper got scratched from the accident and I got money from that.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Man, there's a reason our cars have some of the best safety ratings out there...
I got rear ended at a stop light last year...I was stopped, he was going maybe 15. Walked away with an adrenaline rush (not the good kind...) and about $2000 damage...but that was exaggerated because they had to replace the whole trunk lid because of a real little abrasion, as well as the bumper cover and supports...

I really got lucky though...of all the places on my car, the back was the place that had the scratches and dings. B)

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by fordaspiregv@Sep 23 2004, 08:18 PM
How fast do you think he hit you? Back in April, I tapped a lady doing 10MPH and I didn't even scratch anything. She had a ghetto Topaz and it didn't hurt that either.
i didnt get tapped...got hit pretty good the guy was probably doing at least 15mph or 20 more than me...maybe more dont wanna push it
luckely for me right when he hit me i just took my foot of the brake so i just bumped foward instead of taking damage

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Gota say...those crunch zones on the Honda are bad. Thats going to cost a lot to fix that, yet looking at your car it looks like you need a bumper and your good to go. Imagine if she was going say 45 :blink:

·
Registered
187 Posts
I accidently backed up into my friend's eclipse the other night. just a minor scratch on my rear bumper, but the side of his car... :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts