·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome, thanks, Sarah

·
Premium Member
4,619 Posts
Originally posted by pimpjuice2+Sep 15 2004, 09:31 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pimpjuice2 @ Sep 15 2004, 09:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-detroit_raver@Sep 11 2004, 12:38 AM
how did he do it did he spray paint it [/b][/quote]
yeah. i think he used a spray paint for plastic or something. it might of been specifically for interior pieces in a car, but i can't remember. he did spray paint it though. i'll have to ask him what exactly he used.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Originally posted by Firespirit@Sep 15 2004, 09:49 AM
Should sand it a bit just to make sure it'll stick. That's what I do.
i hand paint mine before I found this sight and found out how to remove things
it looks like crap now
I am going to take everything off and spray paint my butt off

G

·
You have to prime the area to make sure it's going to adhese. I would scuff it up a bit. Then prime it, then spray your top coat, and finish it off with the dab of clear.

Sal

·
Registered
790 Posts
They make a spray for leather/vinyl/squishy-wierd-dash stuff...... can't remember what it's called.. but Wal-Mart carries it in limited colors, and so does Advance Auto Parts

i'm sure you could find white...... if not then go with what ash said... that's what i did for all the hard pieces on my cavalier.... its just that squishy stuff.. like the steering wheel, tends to crack and peel

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Glad to see you like them. They look great. Once I got them in my car, I wasn't wild about looking at white gauges all the time, so I went back the standard black faces. I eventually might get custom ones made, similar to what the guys on the Intrepid forums did.

Zach...remember to send that check to Teh Bob. Has he gotten back to you yet?

JR

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shoot- not yet. I'll talk to Adam then. Thanks for reminding me.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
shoot- not yet. I'll talk to Adam then. Thanks for reminding me.

·
Premium Member
10,632 Posts
Originally posted by godspunk32@Sep 15 2004, 05:45 PM
Glad to see you like them. They look great. Once I got them in my car, I wasn't wild about looking at white gauges all the time, so I went back the standard black faces. I eventually might get custom ones made, similar to what the guys on the Intrepid forums did.

Zach...remember to send that check to Teh Bob. Has he gotten back to you yet?

JR
You can make those gauges yourself with a computer, scanner and printer :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts