·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
746 Posts
need......... sound........... clips............... :p

i have been wanting a magnaflow for a long time, just hasent been at the top of my list. cant wait to hear it :) . i have never heard a bad magnaflow

·
Premium Member
1,417 Posts
dont know if i should get that or flowmaster 40, i want something really loud and mean but dam does that magnaflow muffler look sweet!
tell me how it sounds when u install it.

S

·
0 Posts
Eh, Im not too into the whole MAGNAFLOW thing, but they are good mufflers. I just don't like the CHROMED out look of them.... kinda ricey if you ask me. Their normal performance muffers are pretty cool though.

NEED SOUND CLIPS ASAP!

Sal

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
freakin sweet!!! must see pics when its on! good stuff! :D

·
Registered
746 Posts
Originally posted by SableTuner@Sep 21 2004, 07:38 PM
dont know if i should get that or flowmaster 40, i want something really loud and mean but dam does that magnaflow muffler look sweet!
tell me how it sounds when u install it.
if you want loud, get flowmaster( very :thumbsdown: in my oppinion), if you want mean, then definitly go with magnaflow.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Where's the love for the good ol' Cherry Bomb, & Thrush glasspacks!! LOL!!!!!!!!
Yee-Haw! Red-Neckin' it all the way!

:lol2: :p :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the comments folks, only thing I don't like about it so far is the weight, its about 15 pounds but I love the tips, they're exactly what I was looking for.

I will certaintly post a soundclip as soon as possible. Its going on Friday so I'll try to do it then. Whats a fair price to install something like this?

Finally, yes I do have a Duratec, hoping it sounds good on it.

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by BocaTaurus2KSE@Sep 21 2004, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the comments folks, only thing I don't like about it so far is the weight, its about 15 pounds but I love the tips, they're exactly what I was looking for.

I will certaintly post a soundclip as soon as possible. Its going on Friday so I'll try to do it then. Whats a fair price to install something like this?

Finally, yes I do have a Duratec, hoping it sounds good on it.
Midas installed my flowmaster for $50. That was just welding in the muffler in place of the stock muffler. :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by USAFBLUE@Sep 21 2004, 10:30 PM
Where did you order your Magnaflow from and how much?
I got it from PerformancePeddler.com's Ebay Store. They are an authorized Magnaflow Dealer so supposedly you get the lifetime warranty.

It was 139.00, Free Shipping below is the link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

Great service on their part, it came one day early and you can always talk to them on the phone. Highly recommended.

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
MagnaFlows are pretty loud. When I had MagnaFlows installed on my SHO without any resonators the car was so loud that I set off alarms driving by cars on the street and in parking structures. Also the car had a nasty rasp between 3500 -4500 rpm. I added two more Magnaflows to get rid of the rasp.

Bob

·
Registered
517 Posts
Originally posted by jedhead@Sep 21 2004, 11:44 PM
MagnaFlows are pretty loud.  When I had MagnaFlows installed on my SHO without any resonators the car was so loud that I set off alarms driving by cars on the street and in parking structures.  Also the car had a nasty rasp between 3500 -4500 rpm.  I added two more Magnaflows to get rid of the rasp.

Bob

that would be because you had no resonator...

any way i love my mag... sounds great click my sig and you can hear mine ..
mine is a 4" round strait through

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
if you want loud, get flowmaster
MagnaFlows are pretty loud
I've heard both Magnaflows and Flowmasters before on both Jason's and Micah's cars, and I have to say, although they sound good, I really wouldn't consider them very loud.
If you want loud, come on over and listen to my SHO. The previous owner basically had straight pipes installed. The only "mufflers" I have are these tiny 1 foot sections of glaspacks on each side where the mufflers should be mounted, and wow, it's still really loud to me.
Maybe that's what makes me think the other two aren't very loud. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
Originally posted by 97GreenStreak3.0@Sep 22 2004, 08:09 AM
I've heard both Magnaflows and Flowmasters before on both Jason's and Micah's cars, and I have to say, although they sound good, I really wouldn't consider them very loud.
If you want loud, come on over and listen to my SHO. The previous owner basically had straight pipes installed. The only "mufflers" I have are these tiny 1 foot sections of glaspacks on each side where the mufflers should be mounted, and wow, it's still really loud to me.
Maybe that's what makes me think the other two aren't very loud. :grin2:
yeah, i would have to say that your perception of "loud" is above most normal levels of loud on other street-driven cars.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts