Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tl dr; / cliffs @ bottom.

I kept hearing a squealing noise coming from inside the car, and was trying to figure out what it is. I kept turning my head to look around. I was on a longggg stretch of road that has nothing on it (just a straight 4-lane highway w/median). I was cruising at 55 (the speedlimit) and had Cruise on. The road turned into a 2 lane w/a 'suicide' lane. I was still trying to figure out what the noise was, and I failed to notice the speed limit drop. I have passed through this town easily 100 times, and I know the limit drops from 55 to 35. The sherrif for the town was sitting here looking towards the North West.

I saw his car, I looked at my speedometer. Ahhhh Crap. :glare: I admitted defeat and put on my turn signal before he even had his lights on...but there wasn't a decent, safe (to me) looking place to pull over. I ended up pulling over in a gas station a 1/4 mile down the road at the intersection of 521 / 521. I rolled my window down as I pulled into the gas station and laid my hands on top of the wheel and waited for instructions. I was asked if I knew how fast I was going, I told him 55. He said I clocked you at 51, do you know the speedlimit? I told him 35 and I admitted that I knew I was speeding when I saw your car and checked my speed. I told him I kept hearing a weird squealing noise and was trying to figure out what it was, and I wasn't paying attention like I should have.

So of course, he took my license, registration and insurance for a few. Instead of writing me a speeding ticket, he gave me a ticket for "failure to exercise due care". $133.75 (why 75 cents? lol). After I got my ticket I told him it wasn't my intention to continuously drive with my blinker on for a 1/4 mile, but I didn't see a safe place to pull over. He told me it's OK to pull over in the suicide lane...good to know.

He wasn't a jerk at all, pleasant police officer. My dad has received 2 speeding tickets from them, so I think both of us have helped that town enough for awhile :lol:

Oh and good news: the squealing noise I'm hearing is my blower motor, at least I figured that out...

Cliffs: Got a ticket "failure to exercise due care" for $133.75 in Greeleyville, SC.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
Welcome to the ticket club...LOL. My first ticket was a speeding ticket for doing 45 in a 55 zone :blink: . I parked my car in a ditch while avoiding hitting a car that stopped in front of me on a wet road, and I had 5 witnesses all saying I did that to avoid hitting the other car, but the state trooper still wrote the ticket and said the reason was speeding due to road / weather conditions.

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
Ahaha, My first ticket was for going 75 in a 55, I deserved it. Got hit by a Lazer, went out and bought a V1 the day after :lol2:

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (Midnight00SE @ Jun 19 2009, 09:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=733670
Be happy with that. No points. If he wrote you one for speeding, you'd have lost some points.[/b]
Oh yea, I was quite happy with that part. No complaints here...he caught me fair and square.

and Bryan...I forgot about that, I'll be sure to throw your name out next time I'm pulled over :lol2:

·
Premium Member
4,809 Posts
That's okay my first one was a "marked lane violation" ...the cop then wrote in the comments. "Jumped median." :lol2:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Ahh.. my first ticket.. let's set the stage.. it's 1980.. I'm driving a 72 Monte Carlo SS.. I get off work early.. I get a bright idea, to visit my GF..

I pull up in a great mood, getting off work w pay.. how could the world be so right!!!! I walk up to the front door, man, I'm such a great BF, coming over to surprise Terri (p.s. I had stooped and got her flowers).. I ring the doorbell and her dad answers.. that's odd.. he never answers the door.. Hi, is Terri around? Ahh.. no she's not. she "out" w a friend.. That's ok, I thought I would stop over and give her some flowers, as I got off work early and am in a great mood.. You may wish to hold up on the flowers.. I may.. Yes you may.. her old BF from college is in town and that's who she is out with.. WTF!!! I'm sorry, both her mother and I was against such an actions.. F this.. when are they due back.. Please don't do anything.. I won't, I just want to let her know that I know and that she is History.. 2 hours later, up pulls a 80 vette and out pops a greaseball frat boy.. one hit.. one scream.. and that is that.. but now I am more then pissed.. so I am letting the 4 bbl rip.. but, and you always know there is the dang but.. I forgot, that the state boys love to sit outside of town in the 35 mph zone.. I come up over the hill at 133mph and there he is.. say good-by to GF and 2 years of driving.. Man, those were good times.. :rofl2:

·
Registered
201 Posts
i got a ticket for running a red, right before i ran it the power went out as the high voltage power pole fell across the road i wanted to go on ( God Hates Me), kinda of ironically after pulling me over the cruiser would not start (since we have a no idle rule ) so i had to give him a lift to the station since it was a hurricane force Gale with pouring rain and ended up having the ticket ripped up thankfully b/c it was 475 dollars

·
Premium Member
3,601 Posts
I just got home from my first ticket :(

I got into the left turn lane too soon and got a ticket for "improper passing"

Apparently, crossing the double yellow line to turn left is the same violation as passing in a no-passing zone.

Then, I got added to that, a ticket for having a cracked windshield!?!??!?!?!!!!!!?

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
104 in a 50 once, on a flat straightaway parkway in Staten Island.

The cop asked me how fast, and I said I didn't know since my speedo only goes to 85 haha.

He wrote me for "Speed Not Reasonable And Prudent" which was 3 points/$95 instead of 11 points, suspended license, possible jail time, vehicle impound and probably thousands of dollars in fines.

My next speeding ticket a few months later was ridiculous, I got pulled over doing 41 in a 30 mph 4 lane divided road.

I tried to fight the ticket, and instead got hit up with more fines and 1 month suspension. ###### New York State.

Between that and my two red light tickets that I got over my 3 years of driving, lets just say I try and take it easy now haha.

·
Registered
77 Posts
QUOTE (lichring @ Jun 21 2009, 04:11 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734055
i got a ticket for running a red, right before i ran it the power went out as the high voltage power pole fell across the road i wanted to go on ( God Hates Me), kinda of ironically after pulling me over the cruiser would not start (since we have a no idle rule ) so i had to give him a lift to the station since it was a hurricane force Gale with pouring rain and ended up having the ticket ripped up thankfully b/c it was 475 dollars[/b]
Making note to myself, drive 10mph under posted limit, in this part of Canada!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
QUOTE (RichmondParkway @ Jun 21 2009, 08:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734091
104 in a 50 once, on a flat straightaway parkway in Staten Island.

The cop asked me how fast, and I said I didn't know since my speedo only goes to 85 haha.

He wrote me for "Speed Not Reasonable And Prudent" which was 3 points/$95 instead of 11 points, suspended license, possible jail time, vehicle impound and probably thousands of dollars in fines.

My next speeding ticket a few months later was ridiculous, I got pulled over doing 41 in a 30 mph 4 lane divided road.

I tried to fight the ticket, and instead got hit up with more fines and 1 month suspension. ###### New York State.

Between that and my two red light tickets that I got over my 3 years of driving, lets just say I try and take it easy now haha.[/b]

:rofl2: :thumb: :rofl2:

·
Premium Member
727 Posts
Yup lol.

The way that they do it is by simply not writing the speed on the ticket, when I went to the DMV office to pay they just assume the lowest amount, which is nice of them.

I found out because on my driving record, it says "SPEED IN ZONE 11-20" and "SPEED NOT REAS & PRUDENT" for those two tickets (the 41 in a 30 being the former).

·
Registered
332 Posts
Got two parking tickets on the same day, at the same place($45 + $45) - in front of my GFs house ..lol..
it was just a bad day.
always park there, since 1 year, no problems. Everyone do, as there is no other place to park.

thats all in one year of driving.. touch-wood..

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
I'm waiting on the rolling stop ticket. It will happen eventually. Last week I did it RIGHT infront of an officer but I was lucky.

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUOTE (Millermagic @ Jun 22 2009, 04:45 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=734269
I'm waiting on the rolling stop ticket. It will happen eventually. Last week I did it RIGHT infront of an officer but I was lucky.[/b]

Same exact case as me. It'll happen one day.
Cept the cop I did it in front of proceeded to pull out of his camping spot and follow me for a good 10 minutes before popping a U-turn and leaving.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts