Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to the forums and I just bought a 2000 Red SEL with 24000 miles on it!

I dont have leather or a sun roof but I do have the auto climate controls and ajustabe pedals, no changer but I will get one since its a plug and play type deal
I will take some pictures of my car in a few days when its actually not raining.

I would like to know what kind of problems you guys have had with your Taurus's
what kind of oil to put in the DOHC duratec motor.

I love this car and I drove all the way to Michigan from western PA which is only about a 4 1/2 - 5 hour drive

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the :tcca: , always nice to have a fellow SEL owner.

As for problems, I am what people would call anal retentive about my bull, I have only had a few minor problems, like the cd changer (ford replaced), the sunroof switch (couldn't get it to act up again), felt vibration under hard braking (ford checked pads, rotors, calipers found nothing, had no more problems), the top of the leather steering wheel has about 2-3 inch "spider web" cracking (ford said they would replace once it got worse), and loose passenger seat (ford tightened loosed seat bolt) I love the ford ESP plus plan, no out of pocket expenses for me until after 75,000 miles, and car only has 11,600 miles now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts