Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of another gen3 Taurus. I have a 98 SE and have done alot to it. So much I don't dare drive it in the winter. Plus I'm putting 60 miles a day on it, to and from work. And I would like it to last a little while.
So that's where the winter car comes in. It's a 96 LX. It's red like my 98 and has 119K on it. It has tan leather interior, moon roof, Ford JBL system, rear disk brakes and that's about all that really interests me.
Both of my Taurus's have the Duratec in them. Just in case something brakes, I can swap it until i buy a new one :)

I'm in the process of cleaning it. I washed the outside when I towed it home from Va. And I just armoalled all the plastic and what not, no I didn't touch the leather with it. I plan on buying some leather cleaner, protector, what ever I can find. Probably be an Armorall product though. And I cleaned all the glass inside out, with glass cleaner.
Of course I plan on taking some pics of both of them togther, of course ;) .

I'm not gonna do any real performance things to the 96 just a REALLY GOOD tune up and maintance run through. Springs, struts, strut mounts and bearings, plugs, wires, air filter, fuel filter, clean out the U & LIM, tranny flush and coolant flush. I'll do the oil and filter. And that'll good for the time being.

Pics to some soon

Dylan

G

·
Congrats on the purchase. I'm sad that I'll probably be driving me car through the winter. I planned on having an old 4x4 truck for winter, but oh how plans have changed. <_<

That 96 sounds a little too nice to be using as a winter car, lol.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
His '98 is tH3 [email protected]

Why this car hasn't run for COTM yet is beyond me. :wink:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by TrueBlue@Sep 14 2004, 08:06 AM
His '98 is tH3 [email protected]

Why this car hasn't run for COTM yet is beyond me. :wink:
That's a good question.

I will give it a shot after I'm done with EVERYTHING I want to do to it. And it will be on the month on my B-day (Aug)

I know it's all in fun, but I wanna make sure I win ;)

P.S. the bad part of the passenger side will be swaped with the 96's passenger side (eventualy).

Dylan

G

·
So I guess this is the endo of the stories on how you reached inside your mufflers and pulled out some packed in snow? :lol:

Just kidding bud, good luck with the new ride!

·
Premium Member
2,090 Posts
im still trying to figure out why the new car is not gonna be the summer car....

Not like its hard to swapt brakes, BBB's and a bolt on exhaust...

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by Baby SHO@Sep 14 2004, 11:04 PM
im still trying to figure out why the new car is not gonna be the summer car....

Not like its hard to swapt brakes, BBB's and a bolt on exhaust...
Don't forget all the suspension parts, UD pulley, chip ( that's not programed for the 96), HIDs (I don't wanna have to "try" and aim them again).

And besides, when you stand back and look at them, the 98 does loook better. And I know how well the 98's motor has been takin care of, I'm not sure how well the 96's motor has been taken care of. But from here on out, it has nothing to worry about.

Last night I got some Armoral leather wipes and cleaned all the seats, relly nice. And I had to spend some time grinding and stipping the paint of of rear sway bar and getting it down to the bare metal. So it can be properly painted.

Tonight I will get to the chrome wheels and clean them up really good. I don't think the previous owner EVER cleaned them. So it might be a while. Than I'm gonna start grinding and stipping the paint off the front bar and start painting the rear bar.

Later, gatta go to work now

Dylan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts