·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice find! B)

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
As said, nice color.
2000 was the only year gen 4's had that color!! :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree on the color; green has always been my favorite color.

Here's the long story:
My brother was unemployed and left without a vehicle after his recent divorce. He lives about a 20 minute drive one-way from where my mom and I live, and he has been relying on her for transportation at a minimum of once a week. Needless to say, it has been costing her a fortune in time and gas. Not to mention that at her age (69), she doesn't feel like running all over the country after a long day at work.
So this past Saturday, she and I went and got my brother, and went car shopping for him. After checking a couple different lots and not finding anything worthwhile, we decided that the next one would be the last we would look at before calling it quits for the day. We didn't expect to find anything; cars that were in the price range we were looking for are not usually worth purchasing, and the lot we went to is known for only keeping quality cars for their used-car lots. Everything else goes directly to auction.
We pulled up, and we're finding a long line of cars costing well over $10k, more than twice the price range we were hoping to find (3-4k). However, two cars caught our eye: a red '01 Sable, and then a green '00 Sable. The sticker prices were $4600 and $4700, respectively. We looked at both the cars, and found that they were in excellent condition. We test drove both of them.
After my mom spoke to the salesperson for a bit, she was considering buying both cars, since they were both excellent deals. She ended up sending my brother and I home (an hour and a half round trip) to pick up my car, so the dealership could appraise it for a trade-in.
We ended up getting $1200 trade-in value on my old Brown Taurus.
So, to round it up, my mom purchased both vehicles. My brother got the red '01 with 125k miles on it, and I got the green one. I love it!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Looks like an excellent buy! Someone gave it some TLC. Pass it on and it should serve you well. Looks like it sits nice. Are the struts/shocks/springs tight yet? Good brakes and no warped rotors? I know sometimes the dealer will let you contact the former owner to ask maintenance questions. Good find!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like an excellent buy! Someone gave it some TLC. Pass it on and it should serve you well. Looks like it sits nice. Are the struts/shocks/springs tight yet? Good brakes and no warped rotors? I know sometimes the dealer will let you contact the former owner to ask maintenance questions. Good find!
Everything is perfect. Suspension, steering, and brakes are all like new! It handles beautifully!

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
Then I think your car is a perfect example of why a Taurus/Sable in good shape like that is in fact a real bargain. And no car payments. WOW! Like the spoiler on it to and the big six. Have fun!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts