Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=27698]
I know the R program is dead, but I figured if they used the Yamaha V8, squeezed say 360ish horses out of it, then threw in a 6 speed manual / dual clutch and a Haldex full time unit, maybe throw in some carbon fiber or aluminum to get the weight to maybe 3800 pounds, I think they could have a fairly successful car.

Anyways, I put on some Atreus rims from a C35 T5, increased them to 20 inches. Revised the headlamps, added intake ducts below them (need to work on them) and am working on a hood scoop. I also added a bigger lower grill.

I'm thinking of maybe adding a bulge in the hood, redoing the side skirts, and possibly doing something with the grill. Fender flares have occured to me, but I am debating over putting those and a spoiler on, as the competitors (S6 or A6 4.2, 550i) don't have them. I need to redo the headlamps, they seem really foggy compared to the BMW, and I like the angel eyes BMW has too.

I'm working on a rear picture too, with Heico T6 exhaust. I want to redo the tail lamps too.

I just noticed I had another picture on my computer of a V70 photoshop I found with Atreus rims and two tone paint scheme, i might steal a few ideas from it (I posted it below as an attachment)

WORK IN PROGRESS

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
[attachmentid=27698]
I know the R program is dead, but I figured if they used the Yamaha V8, squeezed say 360ish horses out of it, then threw in a 6 speed manual / dual clutch and a Haldex full time unit, maybe throw in some carbon fiber or aluminum to get the weight to maybe 3800 pounds, I think they could have a fairly successful car.

Anyways, I put on some Atreus rims from a C35 T5, increased them to 20 inches. Revised the headlamps, added intake ducts below them (need to work on them) and am working on a hood scoop. I also added a bigger lower grill.

I'm thinking of maybe adding a bulge in the hood, redoing the side skirts, and possibly doing something with the grill. Fender flares have occured to me, but I am debating over putting those and a spoiler on, as the competitors (S6 or A6 4.2, 550i) don't have them. I need to redo the headlamps, they seem really foggy compared to the BMW, and I like the angel eyes BMW has too.

I'm working on a rear picture too, with Heico T6 exhaust. I want to redo the tail lamps too.

I just noticed I had another picture on my computer of a V70 photoshop I found with Atreus rims and two tone paint scheme, i might steal a few ideas from it (I posted it below as an attachment)

WORK IN PROGRESS
[/b]
Nice work Sushi - Volvo's had a good run w/ their 5 cylinder turbo's, but they seem to be replacing the turbo engine in more an more models and have have started using a V8 in the S80, although you can still get the turbo in a few models. I enjoy driving my S60 T and would love to see another line of Volvo's that put our 300+HP turbo'd.

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
someone else made the wagon, i just liked it so much i put it up.

The new S80 T6 is a 3.0L I6 Twin Turbo, totally new engine that's even more compact than the old modular 5, unfortunately it gets pretty lousy gas mileage (16/24 in non turbo FWD S80). Heico made a concept T6 S80 that ran on E85 and was something like 350 hp and 400+ ft-lb. Pretty impressive, but still no manual gearbox!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts