Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today my dealer finally told us about the letter that GM has been sending out to notify who's closing. We received one of those letters and our final day is December 31st of this year. Right now the owner is trying to cojme up with a quick solution to maintain his staff. He's looking at trying to get something else into the building AFAIK. We were one of his best dealers, but unfortunately that will no longer be the case. So hopefully something else get's worked out for here, but in the meantime I'm keeping my ear out for any opportunity for another job. Anyway, just thought I'd share my misfortune with everyone.

·
Premium Member
251 Posts
Sorry to hear that man.

·
Premium Member
1,654 Posts
GOOD LUCK dude......keep a positive outlook and start sending out that resume ASAP to anyone you can think of. I was with a U.S. manufacturing company for 28 years, a German company bought us (our competition) and shut us down. I had no notice other than the phone call from one of the other guys while I was on vacation, my boss wouldnt even call me, to say I was let go after 28 years. I started sending out the resume that day and had my first job call on the following monday. There are still some jobs out there if you have skills.

·
Premium Member
7,306 Posts
Gee man that sucks :(

How does GM and Chrysler expect to sell cars if they close their dealerships?

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
Man that sucks :(

Only thing I wonder, is why don't these dealerships become used car dealerships? If that is possible... Then perhaps become another new car dealership.

·
Premium Member
5,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (TaurusKev @ May 23 2009, 07:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727379

Only thing I wonder, is why don't these dealerships become used car dealerships? If that is possible... Then perhaps become another new car dealership.[/b]

That's what the staff thinks is going on. Yesterday the actual owner was in, which he rarely ever is. He said since this happened it's time to put plan B into action. The staff is really unsure of what is taking place currently, but we're thinking that he may be looking at turning this dealer into a Nisssan dealer as there is no Nissan dealer around. I do know for sure that he has a lot of money tied up in this building. Shortly after he bought it a few years ago, he put about 2 million into renovations and repairs. So he really doesn't want this place to shut down for any amount of time.

·
Premium Member
1,834 Posts
QUOTE (the_intimidator_02 @ May 23 2009, 06:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727381
QUOTE (TaurusKev @ May 23 2009, 07:47 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=727379

Only thing I wonder, is why don't these dealerships become used car dealerships? If that is possible... Then perhaps become another new car dealership.[/b]

That's what the staff thinks is going on. Yesterday the actual owner was in, which he rarely ever is. He said since this happened it's time to put plan B into action. The staff is really unsure of what is taking place currently, but we're thinking that he may be looking at turning this dealer into a Nisssan dealer as there is no Nissan dealer around. I do know for sure that he has a lot of money tied up in this building. Shortly after he bought it a few years ago, he put about 2 million into renovations and repairs. So he really doesn't want this place to shut down for any amount of time.
[/b][/quote]

Ouch :(

I hope the best for them and yourself. Even if I don't like Nissan, I hope whatever plan B is works. Though, maybe it is just me, but isn't it hard to become a different dealership with the same staff? I imagine to become a dealership, there is a lot of factory training for service to do, and a lot of sales training for the salesmen. That's why I imagined being a used dealership a possibility... Don't need to be told how to do anything :p

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Good luck, man...GM and Chrysler are seriously losing alot of customers to all this hoopla that is going on, maybe another brand will help things

1 - 10 of 10 Posts