Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just like the title says, got a ticket today. just when you think things cant be worse... life kicks you again.

what a lovely ending to a lovely summer. :(

·
Premium Supporter
1,162 Posts
Have you sent the payment in for your renewal? If so, you can fight it if you can prove it...even if you don't have your new tag yet. Otherwise...expired tags are against the law. Nothing you can do about it.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i sent in the payment... but the reason i havent gotten my new tag yet is because my parents recently moved and the mail re-route typically takes about 5-6 weeks, so my tag is floating somewhere in the USPS mail system... however, the kind officer who pulled me over didnt seem to care that i had just recently moved and the new tag hadnt arrived. he seemed more concerned about the fact that my registration card had one address(the old house), my liscence had a second address(the new house), and my insurance had a third address(the PO box). and im sure the fact that my car has all the interior removed raised a few red flags as well.

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
Go to court and fight the ticket. A normal judge will probably void the ticket under the circumstances. HOw much was the ticket?

JR

·
Registered
352 Posts
HEHEHEHE. Why doesnt your car have any interior in it??

Oh. Sorry to hear about the ticket Bro. But you gotta admit the circumstances are kinda funny. :lol2:

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
No need to fight the ticket. Get your registration renewed, then show up and show the DA that it was taken care of immediately afterwards. Most times, they will dismiss since you did take care of it. Courts are too backed up for such petty hings.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by godspunk32@Aug 19 2004, 07:01 PM
I think he's installing dynamat and stuff for a stereo.

JR
exactamundo. took the interior out several weeks ago to do the entire stereo... and since nothing else has gone right this summer, it didnt get done. so here i am with a naked, empty taurus and all the parts in my garage without the time to put it back together.

yeah, it is kinda a funny situation i guess... just not when i happens to you. this is the second time i have had something similar in the past 2 months. first time was going through a DWI checkpoint, no interior and i forgot my entire wallet. so i have to explain to officers why my insurance has one address, the title has another, i ot live at either of the addresses listed, my wallet is at home, and i am going to the bar to have a beer with a friend... luckily they checked my background and just told me to go home. guess it could have been worse...

but today really pissed me off... i told them the entire situation and they just thought it was BS... oh well, luckily i dont have classes the day of the court appearance so i can go and show them that it is all taken care of and hopefully it will just get thrown out.
]
P.S.--anyone know if in this situation even if they throw it out do i still have to pay the $125 fine? and what is up with a l$25 infraction, but a freakin $100 court fee that will take all of 15 minutes? :angryfire:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Originally posted by hoss+Aug 19 2004, 10:38 PM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoss @ Aug 19 2004, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-godspunk32@Aug 19 2004, 07:01 PM
I think he's installing dynamat and stuff for a stereo.

JR
exactamundo. took the interior out several weeks ago to do the entire stereo... and since nothing else has gone right this summer, it didnt get done. so here i am with a naked, empty taurus and all the parts in my garage without the time to put it back together.

yeah, it is kinda a funny situation i guess... just not when i happens to you. this is the second time i have had something similar in the past 2 months. first time was going through a DWI checkpoint, no interior and i forgot my entire wallet. so i have to explain to officers why my insurance has one address, the title has another, i ot live at either of the addresses listed, my wallet is at home, and i am going to the bar to have a beer with a friend... luckily they checked my background and just told me to go home. guess it could have been worse...

but today really pissed me off... i told them the entire situation and they just thought it was BS... oh well, luckily i dont have classes the day of the court appearance so i can go and show them that it is all taken care of and hopefully it will just get thrown out.
]
P.S.--anyone know if in this situation even if they throw it out do i still have to pay the $125 fine? and what is up with a l$25 infraction, but a freakin $100 court fee that will take all of 15 minutes? :angryfire: [/b][/quote]
Hey dont worry bro. Im one of those freinds that if you trip and fall I will LMFAO at you THEN ask if your hurt. :D :D

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
Originally posted by hoss@Aug 19 2004, 11:38 PM
P.S.--anyone know if in this situation even if they throw it out do i still have to pay the $125 fine? and what is up with a l$25 infraction, but a freakin $100 court fee that will take all of 15 minutes? :angryfire:
Here, most times they dismiss and tell ya to leave.

But your area may be diff.

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
Out here in Ca. for "fix-it" tickets that have been corrected, there is a $10 court dismissal fee. But in this situation, you really can't blame the officer for the citation, he has probably heard every story and reason in the book.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts