Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody had any idea what the needles were made out of...and if anybody has a cluster lying around that they want to let me either have or borrow the needles off of them, I was thinking that I could take the needles and make them a different color....all depending that the light behind the dash is white...if it's not then I pretty much quit but I think it would be cool to cut some plastic and make new needles and replace them with green needles.... :huh:

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking of cutting my own out of a prizm plastic or something...

I just have no idea where to go and find it...measure it out then just replace the plastic with the plastic on the needles....and hopefully that will show through cause the needle is orange right now, and that is cool for stock, but I dont really like it...

Thanks for the imput though...

·
Registered
230 Posts
if you don't like the stock colors then you could do the blue LED gauge mod. or if you want red or some other color, try scraping the green film off of the back of the gauges and replacing it with a new colored film. or you could just paint the gauge faces, seen some pretty good results. or even get some white face gauges, like this http://tinyurl.com/3e2hf and paint them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts