Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My d.d is a 1995 Taurus sedan with a 3.8l, it is white with a green interior and has been dubbed The GolfBall because it went through nasty hail storm. It also only has 218xxx miles on it, with a transmission thats been messed up since 160xxx.

But yesterday i added another Bull to the barn, actually i pulled a Bull from a barn, Its a 1990 SHO. It doesnt run i think it needs a timing belt, and probably some other stuff(its been sitting for a few years). I got it from a friend who was going to crush it if i didnt get it and i couldnt let that happen. So im going to try to fix it but if its going to reqiure to much work then i will transfer what ever i can to my d.d and part it out and crush it. On top of being a college student I am also working on hot rodding my 1st truck that ive had since i was 14 so money is pretty tight at the moment.

I'll try to get some pics, and hopefully it stops raining and i'll be able to dig into it and see whats wrong with it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
lucky you, I've been waiting for an SHO on craglist

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got the SHO running, just put a battery cable end on and a shot of starting fluid and it fired right up. I still need and alternator, tail lights, tires, a key for the doors and trunk and to fix the rear passenger door handle, and figure out why the back windows go down but not up. ( also the front seats could use some covers, and the tach is messed up. It is sitting on the bottom of the tach so when it starts up it hits the peg on the left trying to go up.)
But for 250 for a running SHO that most everything works on i aint complaining

·
Super Moderator
8,586 Posts
Good find! Sounds like it just needs some TLC.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

You can see my Ranger in the background (it was my firsst truck, either geting a 302 or an I6 and then being build like an 80s-90s minitruck, triple axles, big stereo, factory gt body kit, tilt bed,......) and behind it is my brothers festiva just got it running today.

And i have a festiva that is rotted out in the back, seriously considered doing a SHOgun with it but not sure i can cut up this car right now.

Here is where i pulled it out of (does this count as a barn find?)

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Black interior SHOs with those huge bolsters always look great...is the dash cracked at all?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the pictures hide alot of the damage, but its all fixable and really not bad for a 1990. If i remember right there might be 1 crack on one of the mounting tabs but the dash is in good shape. The front seats really need to be recovered/replaced and i need to do a good cleaning to the rest of the interior (once it warms up a bit)

·
Premium Member
1,505 Posts
You do have some work in front of you but with a little bit of time and money you can have that SHO looking great...think you did alright picking her up!

·
Premium Member
2005 Mercury Sable LS Platinum Edition
2,685 Posts
Haha get it to look like this again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts