Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Gals,

If you need tires, check out the Ford Dealer. I had to take the Villager in for some warranty work and while I was there I noticed that they had a sale on tires. The advisor said they have some great deals going on, so I asked him about tires for the Villager. It had Goodyear Eagle GTs on there and were about expired.

Anyway, he came back with a set of Uniroyal Tiger Paw Aquagrip in P225/60R16 for $64.00 a tire , INSTALLED. Total was $311.00 Heck, those were only $5 more then the Futura 2000LTE. I was pretty close to buying a set of Firestone Wilderness HTs for $450. I think I did pretty good on this deal.

Anyway, here is what they look like:

http://www.etires.com/images/tirespec/uniroyal/aquag.jpg' alt='' width='246' height='300' class='attach' />[/url]

They are an 80,000 mile tire. How do they get them to last that long? Has anyone had any experience with Uniroyal? I have mostly had Goodyear, Firestone and Generals.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Usually tires with a high treadwear have a very hard compound, which is great if you dont like cornering because they'll squeal like pigs.

I dont trust dealerships, they have too much overhead to be cheap and you'll never get a "deal" unless you know someone. Do a search on tirerack and see how much those run for.

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
55 bucks a peice for my avid touring tires off tires.com....

$376 for a set of 18" kumho's off ebay

tigerpaws arnt bad, they'll last a while, my friend runs them on his grand prix

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Usually tires with a high treadwear have a very hard compound, which is great if you dont like cornering because they'll squeal like pigs.
I bet they will but high speed cornering is scarry in the Villager. The Sable does a much better job in that department :lol2:

55 bucks a peice for my avid touring tires off tires.com....
My guess is that my tires would be the same price if you allowed for shipping/install. Still, thats a good deal for you.

G

·
Out of curiosity, I looked up what you bought on tirerack.com. I couldn't get the exact thing, but I found what appear to be "lower model" Tiger Paws and they were about $4 more per tire, so I think you got a good deal. I know a few people with Tiger Paws (mostly on trucks) and they say they're pretty good. But like you said, I don't think you'll be doing any hard cornering in a mini-van. ;)

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
splendid deal on the tires!! :banana:

Tall profile though, but hey, if they last 82398390840893 miles then i say more power to ya!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts