Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a call at 10 this morning from a guy in my neighborhood who wanted a quote on detailing his and his wife's cars. I agreed to come over at 11:30 and give him a quote. He agreed to my quote and brought them over. Both are silver (so the pics look about the same dirty vs clean
), 00 Grand Prix SE and his wife's 01 VW bug. I didn't get a lot of good shots though, and forgot to do some afters... I spent 4 hours on each one. Interior, wash, clay, polish, wax, and engine detail on both of them. They were really impressed, even wrote back on the local board a very nice comment
My back hurts now
I didn't get good pics like I wanted, and I forgot to do some afters too
The VW was hard to do after pics since it was dark. But you don't wanna hear me whine so here are a couple pics (and they don't do it justice really.... silver or white never does):

GP before pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GP after pic:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reflection:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
VW Interior

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
After (yes I know the pedals had not been touched yet)

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought this pic was

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by stever@Apr 10 2004, 10:22 PM
Silver doesn't do a car any justice. But that's a nice reflection you have there.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
wish i could tell a diff. between the before and after pics..well i can on the interior..you need a black car to dteail...comeo n over!

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by afi292@Apr 10 2004, 10:34 PM
wish i could tell a diff. between the before and after pics..well i can on the interior..you need a black car to dteail...comeo n over!

Sure... there is a "slight" travel surcharge for you though

X

·
0 Posts
N2, so you're like a call girl, but for detailing right? So, who do you work for?

j/k...good job on the cars. I nearly wanted to kill myself after spending 4 hours after washing, clay baring, then waxing my car, but knowing I can do a superman across the hood made it worthwhile.

·
Premium Member
8,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by XLSuruaT@Apr 10 2004, 11:02 PM
N2, so you're like a call girl, but for detailing right?  So, who do you work for?

j/k...good job on the cars.  I nearly wanted to kill myself after spending 4 hours after washing, clay baring, then waxing my car, but knowing I can do a superman across the hood made it worthwhile.
Myself

Edit: to clarify, this is not my normal job... I just do this on the side in case you didn't know. I have a real 8-5 M-F desk job, but I do this for fun, I like doing it
Not to mention I make some pretty decent money doing it too
My rates usually work out to about $25-$35 an hour doing detailing

Super slick hood is awesome... I actually had something on a towel on the top of the GP and it slid off fast.

But sliding across the hood = nono... scratched paint is not good

1 - 12 of 12 Posts