Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally found someone locally who will sell me a universal oil dipstick but the guy tells me there are no instructions as to where to put the adjustable stop for my car...

Would a kind soul with a 3.8 engine on their Taurus take two minutes to do me this BIG favor?

Pull the oil dipstick, measure it from tip to grommet (high level to grommet would be great too), and post back here.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
24.5 inches from the metal tip end of the dipstick, to the rubber stop collar flat surface, that positions & seals the dipstick at the top end of the dipstick tube.

Edit: From the flat surface on the dipstick rubber collar stop, down to the full mark is 22 11/16 inches, to the Low/Add mark it's 23 3/8 inches.

The P/N on my dipstick is F4DE-6750-AA. My 94 bull was made in Dec 93.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
24.5 inches from the metal tip end of the dipstick, to the rubber stop collar flat surface, that positions & seals the dipstick at the top end of the dipstick tube.

Edit: From the flat surface on the dipstick rubber collar stop, down to the full mark is 22 11/16 inches, to the Low/Add mark it's 23 3/8 inches.

The P/N on my dipstick is F4DE-6750-AA. My 94 bull was made in Dec 93.
Thank you friend, you really made my day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts