Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's taken me a while to post this mostly because I think I went through withdrawal (is that even possible?)

Anyway almost two weeks ago I traded my bull for another ride. I didn't want to do it but between the suspension, coolant system, and rust (dogleg again) it needed well over $2000 worth of work. According to the kbb it was only worth $1500 in its current condition so I decided it would be better to trade it for something in better condition. But first, the last pics of the car I was able to get.

Man do I miss the car. I managed to take the biggest mods back off (mach + tweets, udp, my custom 'cold air' with the k&n, driving lights) since I still had the original parts. I also saved two of the new tires on the rims.

But not all is lost. Guess what I found up at the local Ford dealer?

I just couldn't pass it up. I've already put the mach and tweets in as well as the driving lights and k&n. It has some nice features to it for being the same trim as the old one (digital dash info from analog:p). I'm having some trouble adjusting to the shift points of the tranny but it's not too bad.

Just wanted to get it out there. I can't think anymore so I'll post up more info later.

[edit] Guess what? The dealer is reselling my old car! they want over $4700 for it with 116,044 on the clock!!!!!! I sure hope they fixed everything that was wrong with it! [/edit]

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Nice! lol way to stick with the Taurus! I bet it didn't take too long to get comfortable in the new ride!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
It makes me happy to see more people spreading the Gen 4.5 love. Very nice Bull, hope she serves you well!

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
haha its funny how similar they are at first looking at your info about what car you drive and comparing it to the pic i thought it was an 04 with an older bumper (which happens a lot) then i scrolled down and was like Ohh glad you stayed with a taurus

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Congrats on getting into another Taurus :) I remember your 01 from last year...you obviously took as good care of it as you could. That dealer probably didn't do jack squat to it, as long as it is clean, people assume it's good.

Does your new 2004 have gray or black interior?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new one has a gray (I'm assuming charcoal) interior. It's cloth too. I forgot to mention it has the 3.0 Vulcan with the AX4N just like the last one. I already blew one of the factory speakers so I'm in the process of getting some pioneers.

I'm thinking I should go up to the dealer when they're closed and see where they put my old one. I bet they only replaced the broken spring in the back so it would pass inspection. I think something was wrong with the engine that the computer didn't detect. No matter how hard I pushed it I could never coax more than 5000 rpm out of it and it always seemed to struggle under WOT. The new one hits 5500 really fast and is smooth as silk.

The transition wasn't that bad mostly because I salvaged the biggest mods. I still miss the other car a lot though. At least there's no more banging and clunking when I hit bumps.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I would start thinking about rust proofing the trouble spots before winter, like the rear shelf area, and wheel well lip areas, so it dosen't end up like the old Taurus so fast. Did the '04 come up there from the south? Engine compartment looks rust free. I think the '04 Vulcan has a whopping 7hp more than your old one, and has the intake manifold air control valve (the one that the o-rings start leaking vacuum) on the newer UIM design.

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
I'm thinking I should go up to the dealer when they're closed and see where they put my old one. I bet they only replaced the broken spring in the back so it would pass inspection. I think something was wrong with the engine that the computer didn't detect. No matter how hard I pushed it I could never coax more than 5000 rpm out of it and it always seemed to struggle under WOT. The new one hits 5500 really fast and is smooth as silk.
04+ Vulcans normally do rev higher and easier than 00-03's- driving my car and my sister's '02 back-to-back has made the MY '04 Vulcan revisions a lot more evident. You'll have plenty of fun with that newer Vulcan. Enjoy the car... I do love how Gen 4's look in Merlot. :wub:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The car originally is from Virginia (same as the other) and has spent some time in the Rust Belt. The rust is minor surface rust though. I'm planning on buffing it off and undercoating the heck out of every exposed part underneath.

I've been looking at the intake and the tb looks bigger than 50mm. However the opening in the box behind the air filter is 50mm. I think some more involved intake mods are in order.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
The car originally is from Virginia (same as the other) and has spent some time in the Rust Belt. The rust is minor surface rust though. I'm planning on buffing it off and undercoating the heck out of every exposed part underneath.

I've been looking at the intake and the tb looks bigger than 50mm. However the opening in the box behind the air filter is 50mm. I think some more involved intake mods are in order.
The first thing I would check would be the intake air control valve for vacuum leaks, becouse most of them start leaking around this age.

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Nice! No SAS on the rear springs either!

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
The TB bore is 60mm on a 2004-2007 Vulcan; that part appears to be the same one as the 3.0 Duratec's TB.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mr. Darth Vader, Didn't you have a different user name before?
Yeah, I was Angrod but the new forum switched it to my email:noes:

Brian_05_SEL said:
The TB bore is 60mm on a 2004-2007 Vulcan; that part appears to be the same one as the 3.0 Duratec's TB.
Cool so I won't have to do a throttle body upgrade. All I need to do is get the rest of the intake up to the same size.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts