Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

Goodbye my friends

2K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  Spock 
#1 ·
Sold the Bull today and so this will be my final post.

It's been a pleasure and great fun with the forum and there are some brilliant people on here.

Have a great weekend to all

Reactions: sheila
#3 ·
Well the left turbo had started to leak (had no difference in performance may I add) and I had started to notice the weld bead on the inside of the trunk lip had come apart and started to rust. As much as I had so much fun driving the car I decided I am not going to be pumping money into it.

I decided to go back to a N/A engine and plumped for a 2017 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Touring. (278 bhp, 0-60 5.6 sec). Not as quick as the SHO of course but I still love driving it -

What are the reasons for thinning your Bull herd?

#4 ·
Well the left turbo had started to leak (had no difference in performance may I add) and I had started to notice the weld bead on the inside of the trunk lip had come apart and started to rust. As much as I had so much fun driving the car I decided I am not going to be pumping money into it.

I decided to go back to a N/A engine and plumped for a 2017 Honda Accord Coupe V6 Touring. (278 bhp, 0-60 5.6 sec). Not as quick as the SHO of course but I still love driving it -

What are the reasons for thinning your Bull herd?
I had five cars for two people after my two daughters finished college and bought their own cars two years ago. They were 2001s with plenty of body rot in the last two years and were turned into the scrap yard. The one had 200kmiles and the other only 120k. The brake lines on the low mileage car were replaced twice and I got fed up with keeping them running. I still have my 2006 Taurus but it two is suffering from rot. I bought a 2019 Hybrid Rav4 to take their place. I will be done with Fords next year when the 2006 is scraped. I have owned Taurus for 26 years and they have been a cheap transportation. That leaves us with a Lexus ES350( long distance driver), Rav4 (daily driver) and Nissan Xterra ( work horse).

#7 ·
Sad to see you go! Good luck with your Honda.... it sounds like a sweet ride!

By the time we are ready for a new or late model used daily driver in a few years, We will also not be buying Ford. We dont want or need a truck, SUV, CUV, etc, which is all Ford will be offering within the next several years. I have driven mid size to full size sedans and coupes for the last 47 years, and will continue to do so until I am too old and senile to drive.

#8 ·
Same here. But I am weeks away from being 80 so limited time left. Have 3 '03 bulls on the road, two of them 40-50 miles per day each. Now 3 drivers and another on permit. If necessary I would search another G4 Bull in nice shape. It is possible. My wagon goes about 3 miles per trip for 50 miles per day and the Buck Lucerne is sleeping in the garage. If I take a trip it would be the one but else it rests. The wagon hauls stuff every day. Wheel chair, walker, and oxygen tank and lots of tools and stuff. Doing a day trip tomorrow, maybe 150 miles. Daughter's friend used the Taurus for a 250 mile trip as his Subaru needs a wheel bearing.

-chart-

#9 ·
Sad to see ya go but thanks for being here. Eventually we all want something new. I've been driving my VW way more than my Sable so even I might be tapping out again, mostly because my workshop space was essentially revoked due to storage needs of a friend. Fixing cars isn't fun when you have to borrow space and do big jobs in 1 or 2 days, lol.

#14 ·
Thanks Jag

#15 ·
Thanks to all and you never know I may be back if I ever find a good mid 90's Taurus SHO manual!

I have really enjoyed the site, the people, the crazy posts, crazy builds etc.

Take care

#16 ·
Just a few pics

Attachments

#17 ·
I always hope there will be knowledgeable experienced people on the forum to lead the way. I’ve been here on and off for four years and still have my original 2000 wagon I bought new and a 2015 sedan I bought for my daughter 3 years ago. Thank you to you folks who have put such an effort to help us with our cars. Spock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.