Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1988 Sable sold yesterday. I bought it last December for $960 it was a granny car in the tru sense, just under 69,000 miles on the odometer and the original tires from 1988 (those lasted until the first trip back to CT then promptly succombed to dry rot and refused to hold air. 4 New tires: $380. I needed a car to get me around Connecticut. I bought it in Michigan. It lasted me 4 trips between MI and CT. It developed a bad CV joint shortly before I left Connecticut in May, as well as a tranny 'hitch'. The CV joints were replaced in MI in May and the transmission started intermittent hesitation out of 1st gear. My parents decided it would not be wise to drive it to Washington, so that's when I got the Taurus.

http://www.textamerica.com/user.images.san/50/IMG_393950/_0520\T40405201410321.jpg' border='0' alt='user posted image' class='attach' />

Oh yeah, the Sable sold for $700

·
Premium Member
7,307 Posts
$2.77 here outside of Detroit.

Aaron, you gotta come back to MI for those cheaper gas prices!! :lol2:

And holy old post batman!!!

·
Registered
853 Posts
What happened to SHO Continental? Was his account deleted?

·
Premium Member
5,184 Posts
about 18months ago or so there was a shitfest on the boards and a bunch of people left/got kick/banned/deleted. Matt came back but they couldnt just reactive his account. Much the same way as jason8225 and adam b's user names dont match up with old posts of theirs either.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Oh, I see. The post is dated 2004. I thought that post was made yesterday. But ok, I understand, this is a bump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts