Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Truck hasn't been cleaned in a while, so I am going to give it a good wash down, and I might wax it too. I am not sure what brand is a good brand for wax though. The only kind we have is marine wax, for our boat, but I am not using that on the truck.
What are your favorite brands of auto wax.

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
My truck and most of our cars get Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, not just because of the great finish but for how long it lasts. The SHO's and the motorcycles get the Klasse over topped with Pinnacle Souverän carnauba wax. Carnauba still gives the best warm rich look of anything out there but it just doesn't last like the sealants do, combining them gets the rich look with lasting protection. Our house is on the ocean in New England and wax alone just doesn't hold up for more than 2 months at the max. The Klasse lasts at least 8-10 months. Yes it costs a little more but the time saved doing it less often is more than worth it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wax

You put on the Klasse wax, and then the Caurnuba Wax?
Is there much of a difference if you leave out the latter? What is the typical price for it? I am hoping for something mid-range in price, but lasting a little while.

·
Administrator
14,917 Posts
I use both in some applications. The sealant gives a very high gloss 'hard' glassy looking shine, the wax softens that somewhat and makes for a richer and warmer look. While wax is the look I prefer on those paints from a protection standpoint the wax on it's own doesn't provide the lasting protection the acrylic does, 8 weeks vs 8-12 months.

The Klasse isn't a wax, it is an acrylic sealant. It really lasts and from a price standpoint that makes it well worth it. Even though there are less expensive alternatives, in my experience since they don't hold up as well they end up costing more in both $ and labor due to having to repeat their application. Waxes don't hold a candle to sealants in terms of staying power.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts