Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on putting a remote starter on my car before winter gets here, and I'd like to get one with keyless entry. My Mustang has a Bulldog remote starter on it, but when I use the remote to start the car, the factory keyless entry remote doesn't work, so I have to stand in the cold and unlock the door manually. I decided this time to get keyless entry with whatever remote starter I put in. Can anyone recommend some good choices for me? I liked the Bulldog one in my Mustang, but I was thinking of trying something new if it sounds better. Another question: will I have to have some extra part to make the car start because of the chip in the key? TIA

·
Registered
870 Posts
I've got a VIPER Remote Start / Alarm system installed in my 98 Taurus, never had any problems with it, I've had it installed for almost 2 years now and it's still got great range... I can start my car from inside work, the Mall, the back end of my local Walmart... best money spent on my car!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been looking at the Viper remote starters, and they all say they should be installed professionally. I think that I could get it as long as I had room to climb under the dash and had access to the wires. Are they really that hard to install, or could I do it as long as I had a diagram and a lot of patience?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm interested in the Viper 160XV remote starter with keyless entry. I found this on ebay, and I was wondering if it would be worth it since it's refurbished. Anybody have any input? And again, how difficult would installation be?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a CompuStar Spreadspectrum Alarm/Remote Start... works for up to about 1Mile away... no problems with it.. Spreadspectrum is.... Remote to Car, Car to Remote... Almost like a pager deal. Granted a paid a lil more than 200... I paid 500 for it and installation... but wouldnt switch for anything. :banana:

·
Premium Member
9,959 Posts
I have a Code Alarm. I've had it for 2-3 years without any issue. The remote works from 500 ft away. I did not get the remote start because the installer was out of the module that day.... but I imagine it would have worked well. Everthing else about the alarm/keyless does.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts