Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so ive got about $900, and id like to get chrome 18's or 19's if possible for that price, i usually get my tires from tire rack but i dont like the rim selection they have, so can anyone recommend me to a good site, the best one ive found so far is this:

http://www.performanceplustire.com/product...e/18#prodAnchor

but i kinda want to wait till i find a deal or if someone is selling a set of wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
QUOTE (s2knott @ Mar 3 2009, 03:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=705048
ok so ive got about $900, and id like to get chrome 18's or 19's if possible for that price, i usually get my tires from tire rack but i dont like the rim selection they have, so can anyone recommend me to a good site, the best one ive found so far is this:

http://www.performanceplustire.com/product...e/18#prodAnchor

but i kinda want to wait till i find a deal or if someone is selling a set of wheels.[/b]
EBAY

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cant find anything good or at a good price, you get wheels for like $499 with $399 shipping or something stupid like that (exaggeration)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it is a great looking wheel. Just make sure that the tire is a little better than that one. Being in the tire business I see the Nanking's all the time, there is a local guy that sells them and I can't tell you how many times I have replaced them. At least step up to the Kumho ASX, In the long run you will be much happier with the quality and ride.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
id really like to find rims a bit wider than have a nice lip, my buddy just put 18's on his stealth, and they are very wide with about a 2" chrome lip (black wheel) and they look very nice, look like 19's or even 20's from a distance.

·
Registered
81 Posts
You aren't going to be able to find a rim with a big lip that fits the Taurus properly, just because of the offset. You can get some that a bit of a lip, but nothing big. Certainly not "deep dishes."
Trust me, my original plan was the same, before I found out.

·
Premium Member
2,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i have decided to keep the stock rims for now and paint them black this summer.... only reason is because i found

4 Fuzion Zri's for $250!!! brand new right off tire rack, i couldnt believe it! and i know they rule because i had them on my csvt and they had so much grip and did fantastic in the snow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts