Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
happy mothers day to all tcca mothers & here's my situation

the good: i finished painting my engine & replaced the rear valve cover, both valve cover gaskets, dpfe, UIM/LIM gaskets, fuel injector O-rings, pcv valve & elbow, fuel filter, and oil filter with 5w30. also cleaned out EGR, EGR passages (they were chocked full of carbon), throttle body, and MAF sensor..

the bad: i finished everything right before work this morning & my car started right up but ignition was rough & idle surged & plummeted repeatetively before stalling out. this happened four/five times and seemed to get worse. there was also white smoke coming from the engine but i think that would be the result of the old oil filter. apparently previous owner/technician or whoever decided to tighten oil filter to 1000 ft/lbs..

im wondering if this is intake like throttle egr iac related or fuel pump related but does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? the car drove ok for a vehicle due for a tune-up & just had a little idling trouble before servicing

·
Registered
15 Posts
FYI

After a complete teardown and re-assemble the fuel injection manifold and injectors have air in them, it may take a little while for the air to blead out and for the engine fuel rails and injectors to start running good.

Dont know if this is your problem, but it is common with a re-assembly.

Hope this helps

Dusty

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay that makes sense seeing how its under so much pressure. it was 10am when i had everything reassembled and tried to start it. 8pm when I got back & tried again ..it runs for a little bit before stalling & it surges to 2500 & comes down to about 500rpm. the lights dim in/out. oh but i will say some gas got in the lower manifold (maybe 2oz worth if it was measured). could that be the issue?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so a few hours after that last post i figured out that it was just a vacuum hose behind the manifold that wasnt seated properly :rolleyes2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts