Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't work on cars too often but this one is bugging me. Changed a starter for my neighbors 04 Taurus, drove fine for 2 days, and then came the hard starts, rough idling, hesitation and stalling, now it cracks but won't start.

No check engine light but did pull a P1233 code (no commutation with the FPDM) , battery, fuses and relays are good, inertia switch not tripped.

Tested resistance on the pump relay (standard), probed the inertia switch and FPDM, while turning key on and not a drop off juice, fuses under the steering wheel check out, except there's also no lights, power, locks etc. If there's a open somewhere I doubt I'll find it, is there anything else I can check?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mean the one over the radiator? I've been in there, nothing out of the ordinary, no blown fuses, and the fuel pump relay clicks when tested and with key on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's up and running again (for now). I had a intermittent parasitic draw (trunk light) that was causing loss battery voltage which might explain the weak cracking and a loose vacuum connector at the air intake might explain the stalling, with so many things happening at once it's hard to know, but thanks for getting me in the right track guys.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts