Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had about a 3 hour windows to go on a parts scavenging run for my 98. i primarily needed a right rear caliper, but needed a steering rack also. Found a 98 with 68K miles on it. of course someone had just chopped the motor and trannie out of it. but low and behold, in front of the carcass layed the sub-frame out of the car with the rack staring at me. Dam, i thought. low mileage rack and most of the dirty work is already done Had to run back out to my car to get my tie rod end tool to finish the deed, but got it out relatively easy with no crawling under the car. that car did not have rear disks, so the hunt went on found another gen 3 with rear caliper and pulled it. was not excited about its condition, but pulled it anyway. on the was out of the yard i found another one that had great rears with nearly new rear pads. i pulled that one and abandoned the first one. So, for about $66, i got the rack with tie rods ends, and the caliper with pads and hardware. now i got to get it all put back together.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Nice work! Dang a 98 with 68k....Grandma car!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Good stuff. I've been thinking about doing a rear disk conversion on my bull myself. I see a trip to the junkyard in the future!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts