Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This car is for sale about 10 miles out of town.. I'm interested in it.. I think its a good buy.. I just wanted to share it with all of y'all.

1968 Dodge Coronet SuperBee

440 Magnum Engine Swap
Posi-trac Differential Rear
Paint Original, One rust spot from door ding
Cherry Interior
Engine runs like brand new
Straight pipe exhaust system

11,000.00 OBO

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I LOVE CORONETS!
My dream car is a 1969 Coronet R/T.

As for that car, it honestly depends on how bad the rust is.
If its not too bad at all and won't require any major panel replacement, then its totally worth it.
If not, then I'd try to talk him down a bit.
Just in the condition its in I'd say its worth at least 9k, but thats based upon prices I've seen around me.
Coronets are pretty rare cars, and SuperBees even more so.
Either way, I wish you luck in getting it, its a car I'd personally love to have.
Be sure to post pics if you do buy it.

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I LOVE CORONETS!
My dream car is a 1969 Coronet R/T.

As for that car, it honestly depends on how bad the rust is.
If its not too bad at all and won't require any major panel replacement, then its totally worth it.
If not, then I'd try to talk him down a bit.
Just in the condition its in I'd say its worth at least 9k, but thats based upon prices I've seen around me.
Coronets are pretty rare cars, and SuperBees even more so.
Either way, I wish you luck in getting it, its a car I'd personally love to have.
Be sure to post pics if you do buy it.
[/b]
The rust is limited to the door panel on a ding where the passenger door hit the curb and got rusted from rain. :thumb:

I'm trying to gather the money to get it... I really want a classic like that. Especially a 440 Magnum Posi

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
I love how that's the south's definition of "some rust" :rofl:

Looks like a nice car :thumb:

·
Registered
285 Posts
AWESOME! Wish I had an extra 11G

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I love how that's the south's definition of "some rust" :rofl:

Looks like a nice car :thumb:
[/b]
Yeah seriously.
I was expecting, you know, quarter panel rust and maybe some in the front fenders...

Not, you know, a door ding...

Totally worth $11k though.
But, as is always the case, no harm in trying some negotiations just the same.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
It's not a Bee though, it's a clone. I would think the price on it would be lower, IMO.

Does this actually have a Positraction unit in it? What happened to the Mopar axle?

·
Premium Member
2,124 Posts
So whats the word on this thing? i personally would rather own an older mustang i think but my lebaron (with it engine and tranny and electrical and body fitment issues) and my ramcharger (with all its rust issues) have kinda ruined it for me ever really wanting another mopar

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Cool! B) That would be a lot of fun to own. Gotta love big cars and big engines!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's not a Bee though, it's a clone. I would think the price on it would be lower, IMO.

Does this actually have a Positraction unit in it? What happened to the Mopar axle?
[/b]
Yeah, but its a very hard find for such a cherry car around here.

Yep positrac drop in with ring spacer. I have no idea.

Cool! B) That would be a lot of fun to own. Gotta love big cars and big engines!
[/b]
There's no replacement for displacement! :banana:

So whats the word on this thing? i personally would rather own an older mustang i think but my lebaron (with it engine and tranny and electrical and body fitment issues) and my ramcharger (with all its rust issues) have kinda ruined it for me ever really wanting another mopar
[/b]
Current word, Checking back in a week or two. I'm also working on getting a loan out to buy this car.. :mj_banana:

·
Registered
378 Posts
looks cool, hopefully you can get him down a couple g's and have a nice car in your garage....some rust= a ding :lol2: Good luck and hopefully you can get it :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts