Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good picture of a Black Gen 2 with a stock spoiler? I want to get a good idea of what it looks like before I buy one. From the pictures I've seen it doesn't look like it is that much of a difference.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
rudy's car ownz all. :notworthy:

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
Yeah, they give the illusion of purple tails, you know, red vs blue= purple. Well, I had a set of dots on my old '71 GMC p/u and they were purple as hell, I mean they looked GOOD!!!!! So, I came across a couple of extra sets I had in my garage and figured they would look pretty cool on the taurus, being that it IS blue, and at night sometimes looks kinda purple(under the right light). I drilled the holes, mounted 'em in, reinstalled the assemblies, stepped on the stop pedal and BOOM!!!!!!!!! still RED it didn't work, so I tried the "blue" bulbs, still didn't work, so I am now in the process of trying to figure out why. I think the lenses themselves are too long, i dunno. For now they have been replaced with stock equipment, mainly because I had some people tell me they looked like ass on the car. But if I get 'em working they will definately go back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Yeah, I believe you have too much red light vs blue light. The only way i see to fix it is to add more dots.

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks, and Hi, heh heh.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Is that actually the stock Gen2 spoiler? :(

No offense, but it doesn't look right... I thought it was a fender-to-fender, pinned at the trunk lid edges. As in, wider, even.... I guess it looks okay from the back, but on the 3/4 angle shots, it doesn't look like it's placed right.

Optical illusion, maybe??? :blink:

·
Premium Member
8,708 Posts
damn!! i have always like the ass ends on G2's. look really mean. rawr!! lol B)

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
The spoiler "illusion" differs depending on what color you have.. The spoiler on a white or silver car tends to stick out more than a black car.

Here's the factory spoiler on my '95 SE..

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts