Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
tommorow morining around 11am, I'm going down to 2 junkyards to search for some parts for my sister 95 GL, is anyone looking for anything in perticular? they have a range of gen 2s I think I might have seen a gen 1 but all they way to gen 4s and lots of those. and sables too so I dont want to forget those.

-- I will have the digital cam handy for pics, just let me know what you guys are looking for!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
stpidhoser- any color in perticular? and is it the bumper or bumper cover?

DayOff- I will take pics when I get there, I didn't go today I am going tomm b/c I had to work yesterday

anything else? anyone?

there is tan leather seats at both junkyards! very nice condition I will take pics if anyone wants this

·
Premium Member
15,578 Posts
I'm looking for a Toreador Red driver's side rear door in good condition from a 98 Sable GS. If they have one, make sure it has the bright trim inserts...

Thanks,
JR

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
it rained, I know there is a lid there with a spoiler on it, its a green like yours I will take pics tomm I am definatly going, rain or shine!

my sister is getting mad, I have to figure out how to make the seats from my car work... I installed my Gen 4 seats into her 95 GL I wil post pics later but, I have to figure out how to get her power seat working for her.

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Hey if it's not too late. I'm looking for a replacement passenger taillight for my gen3 98 sable if you happen to see any. If you do please let me know how much it would be since they seem to be god awful expensive everywhere else i look. Unfortunately none of our junkyards around me have any gen3 or newer tauri or sables.

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter #11
-- Emerald green trunk lid w/ spoiler-$125

-- mercury sable right rear taillight- $75

-- mercury sable center console spring and pin-- $10

-- I coulnd't find anything else other than that. sorry everyone

I will post pics as soon as I compress them

·
Premium Member
821 Posts
Thanks for checking SEL2000. Damn that's pricy for a taillight but still cheaper then the 130 the dealer quoted me. Thanks again for checking but i think i'll hold off for now. Mine only has a hole in it about half the diameter of a dime so don't think it's worth that much to replace it at this time.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Do they have any Gen I or II SHO's? I'd love to upgrade the sway bars.

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by SEL2000@Jun 28 2004, 01:06 AM
I installed my Gen 4 seats into her 95 GL I wil post pics later but, I have to figure out how to get her power seat working for her.
Please do. This was a question that has been floating around for a long time, if the seats would swap without modification. :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter #15
ok, since you asked I put my seats(2000 Taurus SEL) into her 1995 Taurus GL with no problems, all the holes are the same, the only differnce it the wiring for the power seats, i'm trying to figure out how to make it work, I will just have to sit down and think about it

now for the back seats, I have let the top portion in there and put the new bottom in and it fits, I think I might not be able to fit the top part in due to: the bolts arn't in the same spots because the folding seats.. I will look into that when I get more time, as for now they look very good! and my sister is happy so I am too

oh, here are the pics

Attachments

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
Ok, I had that problem when swapping in the SHO seats onto my 87L, there is, right by the starter selonoid, suppose to be a circut breaker there, I know in the 87, they taped that Black/white wire to one of the wiring harness going to the selonoid (about 4" down ) that is where I found mine, as soon as I hooked it up, I got power going to my seats, so that would definitly be one of the first spots to look, (assuming that you have already found the connectors under the seat and carpet to plug the seats into)

****edit**** and if you have power windows, or door locks, then you should have that circut breaker there already

1 - 19 of 19 Posts