Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought an 02 Taurus SES Duratec with 20k miles on it recently. The orginal owner removed the 24v DOHC emblem. I just purchased some new logos, but don't know where to put them. Where exactly do they go? Do they go on both sides of the car? How can I put them on just right? Should I take it to a dealership?

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
517 Posts
yes both sides...

no idea on exact location...

just eyeball it lol...

i dont have time to go look and measure... right now ...sorry

hey were did you buy these badges?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got them on ebay :D.

...But if anyone who's logos came on the car when they bought it, can measure for me exactly where they go, it would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks! B)

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Go to a dealership with a measuring tape, that should do the trick. ;)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
They are going to think i'm crazy...
I'm starting to think that too! :p

Just stick em on where you think they look good. Does it really matter if they're in exactly the same spot as they are from the factory?

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I can't believe no one has answered you so far. Anyway, I went out and measured it on my Gen IV. Strangely enough, they're a little different on both sides. From the top of the fender moving in 1 inch, I measured down about 9 5/8" to the top of the emblem and from the edge it's in 1/2 inch. On the other side, it was down 10" and also in about 1/2 inch. That's the corner to stick your emblem. I suppose you could average it out and just do 9 3/4" down on both sides.

Oh, there wasn't really many people around and no one looked at me like I'm crazy. It's actually kinda fun when people think you're crazy. I get those looks all the time when I go running in shorts and a T-shirt and it's about 50 degrees outside. These looks are from people with heavy winter coats on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts