1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
ford transmissions can't shift and gm's transmissions have bad gearing second - fourth. This should be fun to watch.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by jason8225@May 1 2004, 02:24 PM
This'll be a direct bolt-on to Taurii, right? :lol: :p
LOL. Let's hope. Wonder what they'll name the transmission?

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by Firespirit@May 1 2004, 04:59 PM
The POS? :p
Probably :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Fords dont shift, and yeah, GMs crappyness....

Sounds like its going to be a 1 speed tranny to me B)

Just give me a manual, a 6 speed manual would be interesting, even more so in a taurus.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Close ratio 6 speed + LSD diff + improved hp Duratec would make the Taurus alot funner to drive. Thats the main reason I jumped ship to Acura. :ph34r:

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Actually Ford has been building better transmissions for their front wheel drive vehicles. The AF4N is light years better than the AXOD. I think teaming together like that was a masterful stroke and a way to use Ford and Gm's engineering experience and money wisely. The six speed would be nice to have in the Taurus even if it wasn't stock and only a bolt on. For those who are looking for a manual in any new Taurus Fagetaboutit even the last SHO was automatic and they usually only make rental cars automatic. Get yerself an older LS or older SHO if your looking for the manual tranny.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Originally posted by Nick986@May 1 2004, 10:45 AM
Looks like GM and Ford are going to build a 6 speed automatic transmission jointly.
:rolleyes:

Welcome to last year...

J

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Sablewagon+May 2 2004, 12:09 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sablewagon @ May 2 2004, 12:09 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Nick986@May 1 2004, 10:45 AM
Looks like GM and Ford are going to build a 6 speed automatic transmission jointly.
:rolleyes:

Welcome to last year... [/b][/quote]
This is the first I've heard about it. :p

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
You show me a good 5 or 6-speed front-drive trans-axle. Have you heard about the big problems Honda/Acura has had with its 5-speed automatics? They extended the transmission warranty to 100K miles after they were dropping down into 2nd gear on the highway. :blink:

Just in general, ALL front-drive slushboxes suck. It is an absolutely horrible idea from the get-go. First of all, just driving the front wheels is dumb, but when you cram in a trans-axle that cannot dissipate its heat as efficently as a long tunneled rear-drive tranny can, it's going to spell trouble, especially with these higher horsepower, slower shifting automaics we have now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts