Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm tired of the plastic lenses on my '96 Taurus headlights fogging up. I'm using Plasti-X (or something like this; it's a blue liquid) to clear them up, but they start to get yellow again after only a short period of time. Does anyone make aftermarket glass lenses for these cars, or is there a better way to achieve long-lasting clear lenses?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have used medal polish to buff the plastic it makes a big diffrance, Then placed a coat of wax on them. I did this a few weeks back and still looks good.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
I used Blue Magic Plastic Cleaner on my headlights and they came out looking great. I wish I had a good before and after picture but It made a huge difference. The inside of the light still has a yellow tint from the age and sun but the lens is nice and clear now.

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/102

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (DerbyDave @ Nov 3 2009, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=764317
I used Blue Magic Plastic Cleaner on my headlights and they came out looking great. I wish I had a good before and after picture but It made a huge difference. The inside of the light still has a yellow tint from the age and sun but the lens is nice and clear now.

http://bluemagicusa.com/index.php/blue_magic/products/102[/b]
Yeah, I think that's what I'm using. It works very well, but it is only temporary.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Doubt anyone make's glass headlight lenses, and you really dont want them. I had Hella glass lens driving light's on my Sable, and didn't take long before they started pitting up from road debris. One even cracked up pretty bad from a rock hit. Granted, they're down low and more susceptible, but would rather do a little plastic polishing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
the thing that u can also do is clear them

what u do is wet sand them until the yellowish resedue comes off and then when ur done u can clear coat the lights and they
will never get yellow again i did it and works had them for a year nd they r still new looking like they r still clear and nice..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Believe it or not... TOOTHPASTE! Apply some toothpaste (non-gel) to headlight, use a dry wash cloth and scrub the toothpaste on the headlight for about 2-3 minutes with moderate pressure.

Then get a new wash cloth and wet it. Clean off the toothpaste with the wet wash cloth and they're cleaned up.

Just did it to my 95 and it actually works! :thumb:

For those of you who are still skeptical, here's a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKAshYmrExc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
zac41189
Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum
A forum community dedicated to the Ford Taurus and SHO models, Mercury Sable and Lincoln MKS. Join the discussions on EcoBoost, aftermarket performance, and more!
Full Forum Listing