Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yall have helped me in the past with problems on the car....car is an 02 Taurus 3.0 vulcan.
Wife recently told me the check engine light came on....so I pull the codes, and am getting a P0402...excessive egr flow detected. The car also has a little stumble now, like a miss.

I'm thinking a stuck seloniod, or maybe the DPFE.

Anyone have an idea?

When searching, it seems either one can be the culprit....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Probably time to replace the DPFE sensor, I have to replace them about every 40,000 - 60,000 (or 2 years) on both cars. Never had a problem with the solenoid though. I believe there is a procedure to test the EGR solenoid listed in the Haynes manual, not sure if it works for all years though.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (62-F100 @ Jun 26 2009, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=735475
Probably time to replace the DPFE sensor, I have to replace them about every 40,000 - 60,000 (or 2 years) on both cars. Never had a problem with the solenoid though. I believe there is a procedure to test the EGR solenoid listed in the Haynes manual, not sure if it works for all years though.[/b]
thanks for the reply.....I'm going to swap it with a known good one(when I can get my hands on one), and report back my findings.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Be sure to clear the codes and drive it for a while. The computer will have to go through an entire warm-up cycle for the light to come back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts