Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my grandfather no longer wants his white 94 Sable with 90k miles. I sold it to him last year with 75k after fixing the headgaskets. It now needs to have the power steering rack replaced, rear brakes, and some exhaust work. He was going to donate it, but I told him i'd take it. I was going to buy it from him but he's giving it to me, and I'm going to help him find a nice newer 01+ taurus!

I won't register it for a while, I have to pay off some bills first. I just installed a Mustang T5 manual trans into my Volvo 940. While it's sitting I'll clean it up real good and fix what's wrong. I'll also flush the trans and install a trans cooler.

It's white with a nice blue interior, alloy wheels, working ac, power seats and mirrors.

Pictures will be up soon, I'm getting the car tomorrow.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Theres a guy that runs around here with a 347 and a T5, looks and sounds stock till the cut outs open up. Ive seen it roast tires in 3rd, quite amazing,

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Premium Member
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, and I've got a question, which way do I turn the distributor to advance the timing? I think the timing may be off. This car is slow as hell. My 93 sable wagon with a 3.8 had a lot more power than this car has. The 93 could burn the tires from a stop, this one won't even give a chirp, and it feels like I have to try too hard to get it up to speed when merging onto the highway.

Is there something else i should be looking into?

Thanks everyone!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.