Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The PCM I'm going to buy comes from FlagShip1 and comes pre programmed for my VIN and with the latest updates. They say because my car has PATS, I will need to get my keys reprogrammed to my car by a locksmith or a ford dealer. Is it possible to do this with FORscan?

Also, can I just buy a blank key off of ebay and have it cut?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also what do the letters stamped on the metal key blank mean? I just noticed that the key I have has S on it and the one I ordered has SA on it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So the new key does work.

Reman. PCM arrives, got code p0352 after programming keys to it and starting car. The code is for coil on plug ignitions systems. My car uses a coilpack and spark plug wires. F**k. I ordered the wrong PCM somehow. Both my original PCM and the one I ordered have 2F1A-12A650-CE and TMU4 on them, are there more serial number or w/e that need to match? Is it even worth going to a junkyard for a PCM?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Then do I have a bad coil pack? What the heck is going on?

I've sprayed the coil pack with water over a month ago while it was idling and it did not stutter or anything

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I looked at this:
And this is telling me that I either received a faulty PCM and I need to get it replaced by flagship1(the company I bought from), or I need to get the asbuilt data checked by a forder dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts