Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember my thread where I tried looking for ways to keep my 10 year old laptop going. Well, it just isn't cutting it for me and I had to just drop the money on a new one.

I am getting the HP DV5t.

* • Onyx
* • Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
* • Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor P7350 (2.0GHz/ 1066MHz FSB/ 3MB L2)
* • 15.4" diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
* • 3GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)
* • 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
* • FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
* • Webcam Only
* • HP Color Matching Keyboard
* • Intel Next-Gen Wireless-N Mini-card with Bluetooth
* • No Modem
* • SuperMulti 8X DVD+/-R/RW with Double Layer Support
* • No TV Tuner w/remote control
* • High Capacity 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
* • Microsoft® Works 9.0
* • HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

I am really excited. The best thing about it was the price. $778 after taxes and (free) shipping. I also have an extra year of warranty free because I paid with an eligible VISA warranty "enhancement" credit card. The 9600M GT was on sale for only an extra $50 over the Intel 4500 IGP so I had to jump on this. The only bad part is that I had to overpay a little bit. I was $20 under the required $999 point so I could use another $150 coupon along with the $150 instant rebate so the cheapest thing to buy was the $50 RAM upgrade from 2GB to 3GB even though I was hoping to stick with 2GB and upgrade my self. I figure it isn't a huge loss since instead of 2 x 1GB sticks, I now have 2GB+1GB stick so I just have to buy 1 2GB module rather than 2.

It should be arriving around January 19th.

DV5T Review

Anyone else have one of these?

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to report back on this. This is a really nice laptop. The screen is gorgeous, just a little bit washed out, but changing some color setting fixed that. It gets about 2 hours of battery time, which isn't that good compared to other laptops, but it is fine for my needs (I am usually near an outlet) and it has high end specs so I don't mind. I am able to play GTA IV on medium setting with very little lag (just when it rains) and Deadspace and Team Fortress 2 runs perfectly.

·
Premium Member
7,800 Posts
Nice machine :thumb: I was going to buy a DV7 last weekend if I couldn't find a "mistake" screen Gateway 7805u :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts