Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about getting a front license plate made with the TCCA bull logo. Do I need permission to do this?

·
Banned
3,228 Posts
The person who actually designed that image left this forum years ago...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
It would be pretty nice. I'd like a licence plate frame for the back one too lol

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Here's a rough sketch of what I want to make for the new Bull.

Will be on mirror black acrylic plate, toro will be in matte black (or dark gunmetal) vinyl cut from a graphics shop, lettering will be an actual trunk emblem spread out.

Thoughts?

In PA, we don't have front plates. :)

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I say shrink the bullhead some and drop Taurus just below the logo. Makes it cleaner and easier to the eye.

No front plates down here in OK as well!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Well, my intention for the bull head is for a subtle background, that's why I'm using a matte black over the gloss black plate, so I'll likely keep it the way I have it...sort of like a "ghost flame" effect with a bull. :D

The outline won't be around the bull logo on the real thing, I'm being limited to MS Paint quality here!

But, how about this emblem being used? Mixing generations I know but it's different.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Simple is good!!

Then when people ask what that is, you'd be able to tell them all about TCCA!!!
"Oh, that's a really cool vanity bull plate! Are you a rancher, do you rodeo?"
"No, it's the logo of an internet-based Ford Taurus owners' club."
You can actually hear people saying "Oh, yeah.." then walking away.. :(

Now, that plate does look sexy, but me personally I'd scale the logo down a bit in terms of size and underneath put "MESS WITH A BULL GET THE HORNS" :wub:

·
Banned
105 Posts
This is what I came up with: Not exactly what I wanted (I like the brushed aluminum bg more than a flat grey)

Sign Review

maybe make the letters smaller to make the logo bigger. or mess in the upper left, with in the middle left, the in the upper right, and bull in the mid right so the bull can be bigger. maybe in the space between one of the screw holes you can put the sight url or "taurus car club of america" i added .com at the end of that and got another taurus-sable forum completely.

·
Banned
105 Posts
Or... Simple

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
it would be easy to slip the ford logo into this. maybe instead you could have this logo plus proud written downward and taurus written downward on the right and owner written accross the bottom or "ford taurus" or the ford logo integrated above the bull's head? maybe between the lower curves you can have the ford logo used in the 1990s and on the other side the first Ford logo?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I like it completely black instead...

Or even this one....obviously made a little cleaner and bigger for the license plate....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts