Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gentex Auto-dim mirrors

I also have 1 more of the GNTX-455 auto-dimming compass mirrors I had before. They are now $50 shipped as the price to me has raised. (I just sold one on ebay for $60 plus shipping) This is still a good price. Pics are below.

·
Registered
200 Posts
GNTX 455 1 button auto dim compass mirror. These are brand new and come with the harness and the plastic cover to hide the wires. I have one installed in the SHO and love it! Installation was very easy. Pics are below.

$45.00 shipped USPS using a flat rate box.

Currently I have 5 and more coming.

PM sent.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
Red compass?? What the hell?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Dibs on one please. Whom do I send payment to and do you accept paypal?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
PayPal sent. Thanks Chris!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I will buy one email me pm me

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Thanks, got it. Exactly as advertised. Now to install.
x2.

Neat how the compass feature is invisible! You can't tell it is there when the unit is off.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have obtained 4 more. The quantity listed is accurate and I have them on hand.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a OEM rearview out of a 2001 Crown Victoria on my 1999 Taurus. The mirror is a 3 wire. I connected all three wires. I love this mirror works perfect, resets when shifted into reverse. I have the Ford shop manual for my 1999 Taurus and a Ford shop manual for my 2002 Crown Vic Sport. I used the wiring diagram in a Crown Vic manual to install this mirror. Ground wire is easy of course, the power wire is connected to the transmission range sensor since that wire is always hot when the switch is in run position, and the 3rd reverse wire is connected to the transmission range sensor reverse wire.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
These will probably be the last of the mirrors. My source is moving them rapidly and his supply will be exhausted soon. I do have them posted on SHOforum and have been splitting them to keep track. I just wanted to reiterate once more that these are not from a junk yard or any vehicle. These are brand new and never been installed before. I will give a discount if you want 2 mirrors or more. If I can at least get more interest, I will get more but once these are gone, they are gone.

·
Premium Member
17,415 Posts
Considering the price of these new on eBay (which granted includes a non Subaru connector and harness), these are a steal for brand new. Just have to do your own wiring to tap in for power and ground :)

I like how the new mirror also moved the compass module up into the mirror instead of having a bulky base.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts