Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After almost hitting a deer last night that I failed to see, I've decided that these headlights suck.
I'm going to go pick up a pair of 9007s tonight, and install them until I get a new harness.

The tail-lamps are very easy to replace (Once you get those annoying clips off that hold the lip and carpet together) but I assume the headlights will be a different story. How hard is it to replace the bulbs, and how do I aim the new bulbs? Is there a built-in leveler to help me out?

·
Premium Member
2,282 Posts
replacing the bulbs are a plug n play operation... just pull out the two clips, and i think there is one or two screws...then the whole headlight assembly comes out

then ya just unplug the old bulbs... pop in the new

as for adjusting them...you should be all set, and not need to adjust the beem at all... should be all good

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by afi292@Feb 19 2004, 03:36 PM
replacing the bulbs are a plug n play operation... just pull out the two clips, and i think there is one or two screws...then the whole headlight assembly comes out

then ya just unplug the old bulbs... pop in the new

as for adjusting them...you should be all set, and not need to adjust the beem at all... should be all good
Awesome, I took a look at it, and there is a leveler in there to make things even easier. I'm going to go ahead and get some for the Explorer too. You think the Taurus lights are bad...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts