Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I emailed the company selling the GenIV altezzas on eBay about the availability of them for the GenII and this is their response:

"Currently they do not make them.

We spoke with them and they would be glad to make them. Their minimum order is 6000 units. On a new item, development time, prototyping, DOT and SAE approvals take approx 18-24 months. They require 50% deposit to start. If interested, please let us know and we will make the arrangments."

To me the 6000 number seems fishy becausa I highly doubt that they had that many orders for the GenIV altezzas. I might do some more digging around with these guys but I encourage anyone that is interested in these to email them yourself.

Come on guys and gals.....we can do this!!

Edit: Here's the link for the altezzas on eBay: check it

I

·
0 Posts
I'd be interested, as long as they don't put 4 different red lights on the back <_< . I think 2 red lights and a smaller white light would be in order, with the outer red light also acting as the side marker.

·
Premium Member
4,180 Posts
for the design for the g2, we could prolly copy off the designs of some of the older civic and accord coupes, since they know what styles work, but i would really REALLY like a style like the lexus rx 300. i think its the cleanest lookin tailight around

no way in hell, even with all the g2 owners on here and sho sites we would come up with that many buyers

as long as its not more than 200$ id be in

X

·
0 Posts
A pair is a left and right unit. So 6000 pairs = 6000 left + 6000 right. However now I understand what you are saying. The question is if the company is looking for an order of 6000 individual units = 3000 pairs, or 6000 units which is understandably one pair. Am I right?

I'm pretty sure they are looking for 6000 pairs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Not to be a buzz kill but aren't we the same group that can't get a groupbuy of 10 items going? =p

·
Premium Member
6,077 Posts
Originally posted by SHO 2NV@Jan 15 2004, 04:27 PM
I emailed the company selling the GenIV altezzas on eBay about the availability of them for the GenII and this is their response:

"Currently they do not make them.

We spoke with them and they would be glad to make them. Their minimum order is 6000 units. On a new item, development time, prototyping, DOT and SAE approvals take approx 18-24 months. They require 50% deposit to start. If interested, please let us know and we will make the arrangments."

To me the 6000 number seems fishy becausa I highly doubt that they had that many orders for the GenIV altezzas. I might do some more digging around with these guys but I encourage anyone that is interested in these to email them yourself.

Come on guys and gals.....we can do this!!

Edit: Here's the link for the altezzas on eBay: check it
Way to go SHO2NV!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just out of curiosity, how many people have shot them an email?

I haven't posted this over at SHOForum yet, but I will soon to see if I can spark any interest over there. Can't wait to see what some of the replies might be.......

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
SHO2NV,

Good job about the Altezza light. Any idea how much they will cost? if its something manageable then count me in

FTV

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Has anyone thought to try the 87-93 Mustang altezzas. They might make for a slight taillight modification in order to fit but they look like they wouldn't be too much trouble. This is strictly just an idea, I'm not saying "hey everyone, try it" but simply just suggesting that a slight taillight fitment mod could be done so you don't have to wait 18-24 months and have to buy 3000 of the sets when they're finished. If I had a Gen 2, I think I'd try to get a pair and make'em fit. That's just me though. Not to impose on the Gen 2 altezzas, but I'm still tryin to find someone to do some custom Gen3s, or at least do some clears. Alright, I'm gonna go hide behind my couch and wait for things to start flyin.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Once again you guys have done it.. you guys have found stuff that I've been looking for years. I cant wait till these things come out. Well I guess I will have to but still it will be awesome.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, I finally got around to emailing them back, here it is:

Hello,
It would be great if they could make them for our cars. Here's some numbers about the cars they would fit: it would be the same application for all 1992--1995 Ford Taurus models including the popular SHO model. I have asked around the various forums; www.SHOForum.com and www.TaurusClub.com to name a couple, and there are alot of people interested in these. In fact, someone Photoshop-ed a picture of my car to see what they might look like, I attached the picture.

The 6000 number seems kind of high, it's hard for me to believe there were that many orders for the GenIV Taurus as mostly older people drive them. We ran into this problem when we were looking to have Clear Corners produced for our cars. A few companies on eBay said they did not make them and would need alot of interest before they could look into producing them, then about 6 months later they started popping up on eBay. Hopefully this will be the case with the taillights as I believe there is ample interest in them.

About the picture, this was just an idea as to what they could look like. In my opinion the circles would look better being different sizes. Also, the popular opinion was a black or carbon fiber back ground as no one liked the look of the chrome back ground.

Lemme know what you think or what the Company has to say. If necessary I could even send a pair of donor taillights for the molding process.

Thanks again,
John Elliott

Here's the picture I sent them:

So whaddya think?

·
Premium Member
2,458 Posts
I have no trouble believing that 6000 units for the Gen IV were ordered. Distributors forecast sales and buy in large quantities. There are probably several distributors, each ordering a few hundred pairs. Maybe only 1000 out of those 6000 have been sold so far, but the rest are sitting on the shelves and will proabably be exhausted in the next several months or so.

If we really need to meet the 6000-unit minimum, we should start talking to all the known vendors and seeing if they would piggyback on our order. Then we get the bulk price without having to buy 6000 parts, and so do they. Everyone is happy.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts