Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts
Just for the sake of historical accuracy:

Several posters above indicated that rear disc brakes were not available in '99...well, the '99 Taurus SE I recently inherited from my late father most definitely DOES have rear discs...

Originally posted by RF Overlord@Jul 14 2005, 10:18 PM
Just for the sake of historical accuracy:

Several posters above indicated that rear disc brakes were not available in '99...well, the '99 Taurus SE I recently inherited from my late father most definitely DOES have rear discs...
MINE DOES TOO!!! :lol2: B) I think it was an option....course my Tec also came with single exhaust...so idk...it was built in 11/98... :unsure:

The brake rotors changed parts way through the 1991 production year. IIRC the newer ones have a thicker center hub section.

I woudl like to see someone post about when the 4 different transmissions each came out. Is it as simple as:

Gen 1 = AXOD
Gen 2 = AXODE
Gen 3 = AX4N
Gen 4 = AX4S

???????????????????

Originally posted by rank@Jul 14 2005, 07:46 PM
The brake rotors changed parts way through the 1991 production year.  IIRC the newer ones have a thicker center hub section.

I woudl like to see someone post about when the 4 different transmissions each came out.  Is it as simple as:

Gen 1 = AXOD
Gen 2 = AXODE
Gen 3 = AX4N
Gen 4 = AX4S

???????????????????
http://www.taurusclub.com/encyclopedia/Engine/Trans.html

BTW, AX4S = AXOD-E

Originally posted by rank@Jul 14 2005, 09:46 PM
The brake rotors changed parts way through the 1991 production year. IIRC the newer ones have a thicker center hub section.

I woudl like to see someone post about when the 4 different transmissions each came out. Is it as simple as:

Gen 1 = AXOD
Gen 2 = AXODE
Gen 3 = AX4N
Gen 4 = AX4S

???????????????????
Nope not quite that simple. Other will shed more light on the subject, but here's what's going down for '02.

My car is an '02 Vulcan. That year at least (and possibly sooner), the AX4N is renamed 4F50N. The '02 Duratecs all came with the 4F50N(in theory). The '02 Vulcans came with either the AX4S or the 4F50N. My Vulcan has the 4F50N (despite that my transmission pan actually has "AX4N" stamped into it <_<).

Don't trust what the pan says. Well known they used AXOD pans on any transmission

21 - 31 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.