Taurus Car Club of America : Ford Taurus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car just passed 110k miles, and its time for an oil change. When i had the transmission replaced around 7k miles ago, i also had new plugs & wires and all that good stuff done, what else needs to be checked while i am servicing it? While i am changing the oil, im also changing out a leaky exhaust manifold gasket, im wondering how much else i can get done while im working on it. What are some common things that need adjusting/replacing?

·
Registered
397 Posts
might wanna go head and replace that PCV valve. They are good for about 60K miles.

it is a real cheap and easy fix, and a very important one.
Had the coolant changed lately? You would not believe how filty it gets, even tho the crap is mostly at the bottom of the radiator.

·
Registered
341 Posts
make sure you get the air filter replaced. flushing the cooling system is a good idea, and if you have after market ball joints or tie rod ends, keeping them greased is a good idea.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
In addition to the cooling system flush, you could also have the power steering system flushed, brake fluid (especially if you have ABS) flushed...Just depends on how much $$$ you want to spend...All this stuff being flushed would definitely be beneficial...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts